North East F-Body Association

North East F-Body Association (http://www.northeastf-bodyassn.com/index.php)
-   Suspension (http://www.northeastf-bodyassn.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Suspension Upgrades on my DD 99 Z28 (http://www.northeastf-bodyassn.com/showthread.php?t=4143)

BigMac76 05-11-2012 01:03 PM

Suspension Upgrades on my DD 99 Z28

Ok guys, looking to get some input on some suspension upgrades. Going to be adding some lca's and possibly a panhard to eliminate any possible side shifting in the rear. It'll be on my daily driver 99 Z28. I want to get rid of the stamped steel componets and upgrade to either a steel boxed or tubular design for the lca's. Any suggestions or comments here? Thinking I might go with the boxed style Lakewoods. Need some suggestions here on what vendor and style, tubular vs boxed and what you guys are running. Any issues with the non-adjustables as far as length, pinion angle change due to length variations, etc?

Thanks!

DemonWithin99 05-12-2012 06:00 AM

I finally added a PHB, to my setup, already had SFC, LCA, and was thinking of adding tunnel brace, but decided against it. but it's much better now.

I really felt the difference on my first ride.

BigMac76 05-16-2012 01:19 PM

Had the full kit from southside machine on the iroc back in the day with the sfc's and a 4 link kit that made a HUGE difference. Probably just going to go with the lca's for now and maybe the panhard later on down the road if lateral shift begins to seem like an issue.

ILuvPizzaTimes10 05-17-2012 02:27 AM

stock height? biggest help will be a set of both LCA's and Panhard. as well as either a sway bar upgrade or get rid of the stock shocks or both. and as far as LCA's go, get some BMR or UMI tubular ADJUSTABLE! haha you may not need them now. But if you ever plan to upgrade that 10 bolt your going to need them. and if you didnt buy them now. you will later. Do It Once! :)

941LE 05-17-2012 10:44 PM

i got some spohn sways for sale!

ILuvPizzaTimes10 05-18-2012 01:11 PM

^^ Great Upgrade over the stock pieces!!! will make a huge difference in handling.

BryanH 05-18-2012 04:55 PM

You can throw a ton of parts at your car. Everything has its pros and cons. I'd try to figure out what your goal is first before buying a bunch of stuff.

The stock stamped LCA's aren't a bad thing by any means. In my car I let the springs, shocks, and swaybars handle all the suspension control and let the LCA's just worry about holding the suspension in place. With stock suspension and boxing up the control arms, your control arms start to act like a swaybar.

Slowhawk 05-25-2012 11:24 PM

1- 2 point tubular subframe connectors welded in

2- tubular LCA and Panhard bar - fully adjustable, poly

3- sway bar kit if needed.

I like BMR products

ILuvPizzaTimes10 05-26-2012 12:08 AM

Ahhh forgot the sub frames! made a HUGE improvement in my car!

BigMac76 05-26-2012 02:44 AM

Thanks, Don.

Yeah, sfc's made a huge difference in my 86 Iroc. Bought the southside machine kit a long time ago with the 4 link setup. It took a long time to get it all in there and mounted but when it was, man that car handled like a friggin dream!
Sfc's are pretty much a must have with these t-top cars. Too much flex even with the hardtop and it amplifies like 10x with the t-tops.