North East F-Body Association

North East F-Body Association (http://www.northeastf-bodyassn.com/index.php)
-   LT1/TPI/TBI (http://www.northeastf-bodyassn.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Exhaust? (http://www.northeastf-bodyassn.com/showthread.php?t=4603)

Z28 10-17-2012 02:14 AM

Exhaust?

Well to be honest, my exhaust is raspy, noisy, and rattles like no other car i've ever been in. In order to fix this, I need to get new y-pipe and a cat back.

Back when I first got my car, I ordered a TSP Rumbler and well it didn't exactly fit too well. At this point I can't return it and I don't know if I should sell it or have an exhaust shop add on to it (muffler, extra pipes, etc)

Soo basically its this:

What y-pipe would you guys reccomend?
What shop would you reccomend getting it done at?
Should I sell exhaust and get a new one?

Thanks in advance

ZFreie 10-17-2012 02:21 AM

I have pacesetter LTs and ory, with a 3 to 2 1/2 inch I pipe to connect to the ory to the "stock" catback with a magnaflow out back in stock location. How much this hurts power at our level, if at all, but its tame at idle and sounds good at WoT.

Plan on doing a bullet muffler and turn down at some point, to replace the "stock" catback.

I personal have 3 inch stainless band clamps holding mine together, screw paying for it to be welded and then cutting it to remove it if it ever needs to come out, but I'm a cheap bastard haha

Id also vote for installing it your self! Depending on what you deiced to go with.

Whats your current exhaust set up? I can't remember if you have said before.

My84Z 10-17-2012 02:28 AM

Do u have headers now? How loud do you want it?

Z28 10-17-2012 02:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZFreie (Post 74982)
I have pacesetter LTs and ory, with a 3 to 2 1/2 inch I pipe to connect to the ory to the "stock" catback with a magnaflow out back in stock location. How much this hurts power at our level, if at all, but its tame at idle and sounds good at WoT.

Plan on doing a bullet muffler and turn down at some point, to replace the "stock" catback.

I personal have 3 inch stainless band clamps holding mine together, screw paying for it to be welded and then cutting it to remove it if it ever needs to come out, but I'm a cheap bastard haha

Id also vote for installing it your self! Depending on what you deiced to go with.

Whats your current exhaust set up? I can't remember if you have said before.

*Note this came on the car*

BBK Shorty Headers
Stock Y-Pipe with cats removed
Knock off Flowmaster Cat back

I'm not looking to buy headers but I just want something that doesn't sound like a tin can on the decel

KB93z28 10-17-2012 02:59 AM

Pick up some pacesetter longtubes, pacesetter y pipe, and whatever you want for a cat back and bring it to Mike (iluvpizzatimes10) hes got a shop called MnS auto, he deals with lt1 performance and hes a great guy.

Z28 10-17-2012 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KB93z28 (Post 74987)
Pick up some pacesetter longtubes, pacesetter y pipe, and whatever you want for a cat back and bring it to Mike (iluvpizzatimes10) hes got a shop called MnS auto, he deals with lt1 performance and hes a great guy.

well, we'll see how my winter goes. i know shorty headers are silly but i don't see the need for headers if i already have them.

My84Z 10-17-2012 03:12 AM

Get the right y pipe for the headers. From bbk then get a nice exhaust my preference is slp but a magnaflow is a great option but a quieter one. Remember you get what you pay for.

84ta406 10-17-2012 02:54 PM

Agreed, get the correct y pipe that will fit. Magnaflow catback or the hooker sounds good

ILuvPizzaTimes10 10-17-2012 04:37 PM

bbk shorties work with stock y pipe and you can get a Walker from advance cheap enough. getting the bbk y pipe is a waste as its not stainless either. a 3" catback with a decent Muffler will quite it down. i personally think magnaflow sounds like shit. But that me. i LOVE!!!! my hooker aerochamber!!!! But again thats me and im a big cube/cammed motor. dynomax also makes a nice cat back. its more preference then anything. but a 3" to two 2 1/2" tail pipes takes alot of the rasp out of the system. regardless of whats up front.

SLP IROC-Z 10-17-2012 04:46 PM

ill sell you my SLP loudmouth