Thanks (Given):
Thanks (Received):
Likes (Given):
Likes (Received):
Dislikes (Given):
Dislikes (Received):
Default 4L80 in my truck is acting up a lot

2000 Silverado 2500 4wd 6.0 4L80, RCLB.

First off the TCC locks up randomly. Normally it'll just stumble at a light and recover but it actually stalled yesterday. The TCC is on the valve body and I have to drop the pan again soon and replace the gasket. I just did a service with Dex6 about a month ago and the pan is leaking which I top off and check regularly. It only took 4 quarts instead of the 7.7 I was reading. Maybe it was already overfilled when I bought it? Was warmed up when I checked it.

Second... Random hard shifting and overall erratic shifting. Sometimes it feels like it takes off in second and the truck just feels like a slug most of the time. I've read about the shift solenoids needing to be replaced and those are also on the valve body..

Seems like the common denominator is that everything on the valve body seems to be acting up. I know a little bit about autos but I don't have good luck with GM autos. They never last long and always act up with me.

Anyway. Time for a rebuild or is this salvageable? This truck is turning into a money pit. Unless someone locally can rebuild it for a reasonable cost. Or I can put it up for a trade on CL.