Shooting for 11's

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given):
Thanks (Received):
Likes (Given):
Likes (Received):
Dislikes (Given):
Dislikes (Received):

^ as much as I would like those heads, the power to $$$ ratio isn't in my favor.

for 3 grand Id like to include the stall and tune, plus all the little odds and ends that i know will come my way.

This is strictly budget, im not expecting 10s or 450+ on the motor. I found a mti stealth2 cam (224, i know its small, and probably outdated, but the dirt cheapness has me interested) and cam install kit, with 10k miles on it for 400 shipped. Thats 650 for heads and cam package that i think should net me close to 400rwhp with bolt ons. Not sure if I wanna buy a used mti cam kit though. Any thoughts?

Im going to talk to Don later, when I actually have cash haha, we've talked a couple times, always feel like a chump because I dont have the money to pull the trigger.

What would I be looking at for professional porting and polishing? I would ideally just like them checked over and maybe have the casting cleaned up a little. I dont need an all out port job, just smoothed up and some slight hand work. I see that being maybe an hour or two of work, would that be roughly 150-200 bucks?

thanks for the input fellas! keep it coming!

thoughts on tci converters? i think Don had a yank special, but i found a tci streetfighter with 1k miles on it for 320bucks. I know you get what you pay for, but I think I can go fast on a budget. Not worried about HP, I just wanna go mid or high 11s and still get decent gas mileage and keep drive ability
2000 Firebird- Pacesetter headers & y-pipe | cacto 3" CAT | slp factory dual exhaust | whisper lid w/ K&N filter | aluminum DS | 3.42 w/LSD | 1LE sway bars 32/19mm | htchks STB | UMI LCA Relo's | UMI SFCs | 3" E-cut out | 1/4: 15.3 @ 88.87-SOLD
2000 Camaro Z28- SLP lid/smooth bellows | SLP dual/dual | UMI SFCs/STB | 2.73s | 13.2@106
http://www.offthelineracing.com/