Build,beat,break,repeat..

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given):
Thanks (Received):
Likes (Given):
Likes (Received):
Dislikes (Given):
Dislikes (Received):
Default More brainstorming on my 87 bird project...

Ok, so I'm thinking I'll hopefully start tearing into this one sometime in the next couple months. I've pretty much decided this will be my super budget junkyard dog build lol. It's more or less an extra car that I can't bring myself to get rid of so I want to see what I can make happen with what I have.
As of now I'm planning to pull the 3.8 v6 out of my 97 Camaro parts car and strap on a pair of dsm 14b turbos I have floating around.
Here's my question, should I use the harness from the 87 and get whatever I need to tune with, or, ditch all the factory stuff and go megasquirt? Those are the two options I think I've settled on for cost/benefit. I know I can source out a 98 up harness/ecu as well but by the time I buy one, plus pay for tuning software/have it tuned I think I'll be double why the megasquirt would cost me.
Opinions are welcome here

Also, and this one is totally just a random thought, I was also thinking of pulling the front suspension/ engine cradle/ firewall out of the 97 and graft it all into the front of my 87 so for all intents and purposes I would have a 4th gen with 3rd gen skin. This would make a dash update easier, would give me all the 4th gen hvac stuff, and the newer double a arm suspension.
Just not sure if it's worth the hassle since my car has never been hit, and is super clean and rust free underneath. But all the newer stuff would be nice.
So yeah, just looking to toss around some ideas. Feel free to offer up whatever as nothing is set in stone yet. I'm putting together a game plan before I ever turn a wrench.