Shooting for 13's

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given):
Thanks (Received):
Likes (Given):
Likes (Received):
Dislikes (Given):
Dislikes (Received):

alright remember i said i would ad to this so heres a very fast up date.

Hp limit for a gen 1 350 block is 1000hp for turbo and 850-900hp for juice..this is fully preped race blocks though..filled with splayed main caps in the center and front caps splayed or changed to 4 bolt.On the turbo motor he started pulling head studs out the block..Mike fratina who ran nmca street race is who made the turbo power..< lil note with all the block work an such done you are at the same price of getting a used bowtie block

Hp limit for a gen 2 sbc turbo is around 1400hp an n2o is around 1k..these are the max but no one has cracked a block yet so they are still climbing really..same as above for block work.filled and splayed caps with the front cap turned to 4 bolt or splayed..this is a must because you will beat the crap out of the front bearings if not.

^biggest crank that can fit in these block is a 4.00 stroke yes you heard me right..you will have to do a short fill to make sure when grinding you do now run into a water jacket when clearancing the block for that size stroke..also you will really want to run a 5.85 rod in a block with 4" or 3.875 stroke to not put the piston pin in the oil ring and to have a better ring stack.

400 sbc blocks are good from 700-900hp also but these are ticking bombs..core shift is a huge problem with these blocks along with the mains..you could get 200 runs at that hp level or 1 run..you are def better off just going bowtie,rocket,dart or merlin at this point..same thing as the above 2 blocks to at strength.