Thanks (Given):
Thanks (Received):
Likes (Given):
Likes (Received):
Dislikes (Given):
Dislikes (Received):

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonWithin99 View Post
nope. he's not looking for anything more than a stock motor. spending everything he gets just to get this car running again and wants it to stay running for a while. I think he's finally understood that the cost will be more for a new motor than a rebuild, but wants a better guaranty that it's going to stay running for more than 6 months. it's his only ride and he's been without it for a year (feels like 3). We can all feel his pain in seeing the dead bird in the yard. I'll have my hands full getting the resources together just to get everything to the shop, once he understands the overall cost and not just the parts I'll get the ball rolling on making things happen.

He just sent me this because it's the 1st motor he's found at this $ and got excited.
well a forged built motor would last more than 6 months unless he sprays a 300 shot on it daily LOL He should just get a cheap lq4 or one of those 5.3's would cost him less than a grand and he would be fine. If he buys a motor and it dies in 6 months he's doing something wrong. Check the oil and drive it! You will get nowhere with a warranty on one of those motors. They will find a way not to give you a new one. it shouldn't blow anyways especially on stock power

1999 Camaro SS480
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGXXuq9T2TI
G,M. Precision Welding and Fabrication
GMPrecisionWelding@gmail.com