Missing a 67

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given):
Thanks (Received):
Likes (Given):
Likes (Received):
Dislikes (Given):
Dislikes (Received):
Default Camaro Performers mag cover - Survivor - Really???

Normally, I'm a big fan of Camaro Performers. They try to cover all the generations. The only negative I have is they cover a lot of resto-mods with huge wheels that I'm not a big fan of.

This months issue though seems like false advertising. The cover says "PRISTINE 68 SURVIVOR".

Then in the article it has these quotes:
  • "the lack of the original drivetrain."
  • "It's a good bet the OE power plant and trans lay scattered somewhere on the Arizona desert floor"
  • "An American Powertrian (sp) Tremec TKO 600 five -speed now handles the shifting duties"
  • and in 1980 "....re-spray the car in its original Ralley Green pigment"
  • put on "a set of American Racings 15x7 inch T70 five spokes"
  • "He then tossed the bias ply Firestones in favor of Diamond-back Classic/Yokahama DB3 215/65-15 redline tires"
  • "got in touch with Baer Brakes for a set of the new SS4 calipers and two-piece rotors to take the place of the stock drums."
  • "front seats were recovered"

HA!!!! The only quote missing is that they tossed the body out and replaced it with a Dynacorn. How are they calling it a survivor? I should ask for a refund on this one!!!

68 Camaro (?350 SB)
69 Camaro (L72 427 BB)
69 Camaro (DZ 302 SB - www.z28.net)
Camaro - A friendly flying car – from the French - the first half "camarade/friend" and the last half “aero/of the air".