Resident Gearhead

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given):
Thanks (Received):
Likes (Given):
Likes (Received):
Dislikes (Given):
Dislikes (Received):

^ Yeah I wouldn't imagine spraying the outside would do much.

I did the pan gasket today. I really had to. I couldn't put this off anymore. It was hemorrhaging oil. About 1.5 qts a day. I just didn't have time to deal with this till late next week. I'm moving into the house and I just can't have this right now. Still have to paint and get everything ready and I have a schedule to keep with the g/f and her folks helping us and her son is out for the week camping with his father so that helps not having him under foot. Just not a good time for this truck to act up. And I don't need it leaving massive oil puddles in the nice driveway. And it would leak on the exhaust when I stopped so I'm sitting in traffic and it looks like my truck is about to catch on fire..

But I took this morning to do the pan gasket in my driveway. Took my time with it and did the engine oil cooler line gasket as well. That was making a mess too and didn't come with the oil pan gasket. Did a GM gasket for both. It seemed to take better to it this time. It took all afternoon of driving to get the oil level to stabilize. Took 7 quarts this time. Sat in the driveway nursing it for a while at the end. Hopefully a lot of these drivability problems will go away from maintaining the proper oil level. HOPEFULLY. But the converter was still acting up on the way home. it's still pretty random.

Seemed to still shift a little odd. But at least taking the valve body down isn't that hard. Just have to pay attention.