Thanks (Given):
Thanks (Received):
Likes (Given):
Likes (Received):
Dislikes (Given):
Dislikes (Received):

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff68 View Post
Oh, I bet you have a good idea. I think it goes something like this: Everything checks out as legit. The 'seller' is too attached and doesn't want to sell. You assure him that this car will be given proper attention and you're not some chump that is going to destroy the car. A few back-and-forths on price, and you end up hauling it home. At least that's how I hope it goes.

The car seems way too nice to pass up. No harm tucking it away for a little while until you finish the big block car.
I should call him in a week or so and see what he's thinking. It sounds like he's a very indecisive type. It would be real cool to see it go the way you described.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvPizzaTimes10 View Post
OR driving the car while the big block car is getting finished.....
The guy is using it now as a weekend driver to take his girlfriend out to dinner and to get groceries. It is not garaged and he said that is one of the reasons he is thinking of selling it. So it could be taken care of better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAWG View Post
if I had funds I would buy and sell the 68.
but every car needs work and that one is no exception.
But I do believe that once you fire up the 454 and nail it youll be happy with what you got.
I think the bid of 35 is more than generious.
that isnt a barret jackson grade car at this point .
make sure to look up the stuff in the camaro white book i lent ya.
thats the camaro bible!
The 68 stays. It's the car I am planning on using for my casket...LOL. The 427 will be real nice as soon as the car is out of body and paint jail. I think you are right on the 35 price. If it gets fully restored there are some items that need to be replaced like smog, master cylinder, and I'm sure there is a bunch of other stuff. Thanks for the white book idea. So far I have been going mostly by Jerry Macneish's book "The Definitive 1969 Z/28-SS 296 Fact Book".

68 Camaro (?350 SB)
69 Camaro (L72 427 BB)
69 Camaro (DZ 302 SB - www.z28.net)
Camaro - A friendly flying car – from the French - the first half "camarade/friend" and the last half “aero/of the air".