Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given):
Thanks (Received):
Likes (Given):
Likes (Received):
Dislikes (Given):
Dislikes (Received):
Default I guess its time to make this a build

Hey everyone. So I really haven't been doing much to my Camaro mainly due to lack of motivation but I've pretty much been putting all my time and effort into my truck and I figured by now it deserves its own thread.

I bought the truck about a year and a half ago from the original owner with 93k. 2.2 engine with a glorious autotragic

Dat gap...

So like after a month I ordered a generic 3"/4" drop kit (I **** that term) from DJM suspension which consists of 2" drop spindles, 1" spring, and 4" blocks. Well unfortunately I was totally oblivious to spring compressors to I was rocking a 2"/4" drop for way too long. Here's some pics of ugly reverse rake:

So because I'm too cheap to buy or rent a spring compressor I waited til I could borrow one from a coworker. At this point I had a set ZQ8s to use for the winter so I put those on.

At this point i felt like the truck was really coming together and i was pretty excited with the changes i made. While doing all that I also did rotors/pads, lower ball joint, sway bar links, idler arm, and added a set of Belltech drop shocks. Made a huge difference in the overall feel of the truck. I also ditched the stock valence for a 94-97 valence.

Not entirely sure how I feel about it yet.

After hanging out with a few other guys with trucks lower than me I convinced myself to go lower.

So ThorBros bolt in notch, Belltech 3" leafs, and DJM 3" springs all showed up about a week ago and I just finished installing them yesterday.

Took off the bed, obviously it couldn't be done with the bed on. Relocated the evap to the gas tank cross member.

These are the blocks that were in my truck before. 4" angled blocks from DJM. Should've known better than getting aluminum blocks but they held up for a year so out they go.

C-notches plug welded, bolted, and panel bonded into place

Ecoated and undercoated the notch and bare metal around it. Got the Belltech leafs in with temporary auto zone 3" blocks til I get JTR blocks with pinion shims.

3" coils vs. 1" coils

And all back together!

Now its just a matter of ordering a new set if wheels and it should be done for now. I don't really want to start touching the body quite yet because realistically I need to learn to drive it again. But this is also my first time lowering a vehicle so I'm pretty amazed that I was able to do this with help from a couple friends.
lowered/daily