Go Back   North East F-Body Association > Main Forum > Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-13-2010, 08:53 PM
bottledbird68 bottledbird68 is offline
Build,beat,break,repeat..
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Athol MA
Posts: 1,980
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 8
Thanks (Received): 19
Likes (Given): 27
Likes (Received): 74
Dislikes (Given): 12
Dislikes (Received): 4
Default Finally taking the first steps

Yup, had some warmer weather today so I shot out to Rutland and got the cradles/suspension back under my vette chassis and made it a roller again.

Interestingly enough third gen formula wheels fit the rear of a c5 pretty well lol. I was suprised. They fit the fronts too, if you pull the calipers off

That's all for now. Hopefully start tearing the 68 apart shortly, just need to get a vw beetle out of the bay.
Yup, winters here and I'm bored


__________________
The fleet...
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-13-2010, 08:56 PM
bottledbird68 bottledbird68 is offline
Build,beat,break,repeat..
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Athol MA
Posts: 1,980
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 8
Thanks (Received): 19
Likes (Given): 27
Likes (Received): 74
Dislikes (Given): 12
Dislikes (Received): 4
Default

Oh, and ignore the trailer on the roof lol. My landlord wanted it so we tossed it on for when we pick the car up
__________________
The fleet...
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-13-2010, 11:01 PM
black heartbeat black heartbeat is offline
Post Whore
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Mashpee, Cape Cod
Posts: 1,273
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 4
Thanks (Received): 18
Likes (Given): 22
Likes (Received): 76
Dislikes (Given): 1
Dislikes (Received): 3
Default

lol I thought the trailer was a nice touch
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-14-2010, 01:59 AM
irockidz28's Avatar
irockidz28 irockidz28 is offline
Do It In A Third Gen
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Franklin Ma
Posts: 2,953
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 47
Thanks (Received): 26
Likes (Given): 242
Likes (Received): 105
Dislikes (Given): 1
Dislikes (Received): 6
Default

nice have you finalized your plans yet?
__________________

1986 Camaro Iroc z28 305 TPI 700R4
-hooker-edelbrock 1 5/8" shorty headers-1.6 roller rockers-52mm TB-3.23 10 bolt- ...191rwhp/280rwtq...14.97@90.5 2.04 60'

2005 GMC Sierra 2500 LLY Duramax -exhaust-gauges-leveled-wheels-tune-egr delete....339rwhp/637rwtq
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-14-2010, 04:02 AM
bottledbird68 bottledbird68 is offline
Build,beat,break,repeat..
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Athol MA
Posts: 1,980
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 8
Thanks (Received): 19
Likes (Given): 27
Likes (Received): 74
Dislikes (Given): 12
Dislikes (Received): 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by irockidz28 View Post
nice have you finalized your plans yet?
Well, firewall forward I know 90% what I'm doing.

As for the rear I'm still not totally sure leaning towards keeping the vette transaxle now that Ive done a little more digging but I still have a few odds and ends to sort out. That and still need to take some good measurements with all the extra stuff out of the way.
__________________
The fleet...
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-14-2010, 04:10 AM
Formula413's Avatar
Formula413 Formula413 is offline
Moderbator
Asteroids Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: In the Northeast dreaming of the Southwest
Posts: 5,603
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 141
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 647
Dislikes (Given): 0
Dislikes (Received): 39
Default

You're going to break it!!!

Am I crazy for thinking those Formula wheels look kinda cool on a C5 Z06?
__________________
Alex



GRAMMAR HOW-TO
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-14-2010, 04:19 AM
bottledbird68 bottledbird68 is offline
Build,beat,break,repeat..
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Athol MA
Posts: 1,980
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 8
Thanks (Received): 19
Likes (Given): 27
Likes (Received): 74
Dislikes (Given): 12
Dislikes (Received): 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formula413 View Post
You're going to break it!!!

Am I crazy for thinking those Formula wheels look kinda cool on a C5 Z06?
Yup, at some point I'm sure I will. If you don't break it every now and then you're not having enough fun

And no, you're not crazy, I thought the wheels looked kinda cool too. Almost fitting
__________________
The fleet...
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-14-2010, 04:23 AM
bottledbird68 bottledbird68 is offline
Build,beat,break,repeat..
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Athol MA
Posts: 1,980
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 8
Thanks (Received): 19
Likes (Given): 27
Likes (Received): 74
Dislikes (Given): 12
Dislikes (Received): 4
Default

Speaking of wheels, one of the hardest things I'm having a time settling on is wheels for the car when it's done.
Need something in vette offset that looks good on a first gen bird. Hmmm....
__________________
The fleet...
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-14-2010, 04:03 PM
Formula413's Avatar
Formula413 Formula413 is offline
Moderbator
Asteroids Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: In the Northeast dreaming of the Southwest
Posts: 5,603
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 141
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 647
Dislikes (Given): 0
Dislikes (Received): 39
Default

[QUOTE=bottledbird68;33906]Yup, at some point I'm sure I will. If you don't break it every now and then you're not having enough fun [quote]

Quite honestly I would be disappointed with you if you didn't break it
__________________
Alex



GRAMMAR HOW-TO
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-14-2010, 05:47 PM
bottledbird68 bottledbird68 is offline
Build,beat,break,repeat..
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Athol MA
Posts: 1,980
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 8
Thanks (Received): 19
Likes (Given): 27
Likes (Received): 74
Dislikes (Given): 12
Dislikes (Received): 4
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formula413 View Post

Quite honestly I would be disappointed with you if you didn't break it
Know me that well already do you lol?
__________________
The fleet...
Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.