Go Back   North East F-Body Association > Main Forum > Lounge

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1  
Old 04-18-2011, 01:03 AM
smokinss smokinss is offline
The Detailer
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,881
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 2
Thanks (Received): 26
Likes (Given): 14
Likes (Received): 162
Dislikes (Given): 3
Dislikes (Received): 3
Default Engine opinions needed

Ok guys so here is the deal. As you know I am away from home for work and busting my ass 7 days a week here till I get to go home again. That being said I am making some good money now and really starting to save to build something nice. I want opinions on what I should do for a build. I am really not too sure how far I want to get into it too because when I am home for a visit I only have 3 days before I go back for work and dont want to blow the whole time building the car, but would like to do something nice this time around and do it once.

was thinking of this.

12.0 to 12.5:1 408 forged iron block
custom cam
1 7/8 headers
fast 92 or 102 depending
not too sure about heads. Would like to find some trick flows for a good price
200 shot
stand alone fuel cell
intank pump
tubular k member
adj tq arm

Or this

really basic buget 346 build for boost
keep the ls6 intake/tb
317 heads
boost cam
fuel system
D1SC with a front mount setup
methanol kit
same suspension mods as above too.

Other sugestions are welcome too...

Keep in mind I do want to go deep into the 10s or 9.90s and keep my a/c and full weight. What do you guys think would be my best bet here?
__________________
2000 SS Th350, FTI 4200 stall , cam, full bolt-ons, 150 wetshot, Moser 9inch/locker/4.11s, Slowhawk tuned. 493rwhp 570rwtq. 10.97 @ 127.7 1.58 60' and M6
10.84 @ 126.3 1.55 60' Th350 SOLD BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

New Toy - 06 Torrid Red Gto M6. 231/242 cam, Kooks, magnaflow, GForce, Monster stg2, lingenfelter cai, 411rwhp 385rwtq. 12.40@111
Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.