|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
I was working on a Kohler generator today. It has a 496 ci big block.
|
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
I need that. I can charge my battery real fast.
__________________
1995 TA: Converted Nose...381 LT1...4L80E...12 bolt...3.90 Gears...4000 TC Best 1/4 10.71@ 126, 1.46 60ft, 3450lbs. http://www.youtube.com/user/MysteryBird1?feature=watch |
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
That's pretty cool Frank!
Runs on natural gas? Is it in a school? Is it turbocharged?
__________________
![]() 68 Camaro (?350 SB) 69 Camaro (L72 427 BB) 69 Camaro (DZ 302 SB - www.z28.net) Camaro - A friendly flying car – from the French - the first half "camarade/friend" and the last half “aero/of the air". |
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
It's at a religious retreat near unconn hospital. It doesn't have a turbo, some of the smaller liquid cooled 4 cylinder newer generators have little turbos on them.
|
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
We have a similar one at work. 8.8L. I was trying to figure out what side it came from. The intake looks like a Chrysler. Ours is Natural gas and has a bonus snail on top...
Brand new. like 12 hours on it. Replaced a MASSIVE 180kw 12cyl Cummins that took up this entire room.. Something went in the head windings. We were out there last winter (of course) in 40mph sustained winds at 10* and foot of snow hooking up our mobile 200kw to the building with the massive anaconda phase lead that had to be hard wired to the M Series generator. It's an old Cummins Army unit, but of course these things act up on THE coldest day of the year. The AC voltage regulator kept going and then it refused to start seeing how cold it was. Gotta love it.![]() ![]() ![]()
__________________
h/c/i/s/e
|
|
#6
|
||||
|
||||
|
I could use that for the house and garage.
__________________
![]() "As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen US NAVY RETIRED |
|
#7
|
||||
|
||||
|
thats some cool stuff.
__________________
![]() 12.8@112 |
|
#8
|
||||
|
||||
|
Here's another big block I take care but it was really neglected it's got a lot of rust on it. But I got it running like a champion right now.
|
![]() |
| Thread Tools | |
| Display Modes | |
|
|