|
#21
|
||||
|
||||
|
Oh shit, really? Just to weld some plates in?
|
|
#22
|
||||
|
||||
|
Yeah, idc though, Im just glad to have my truck back haha
__________________
1993 BGGM Z28, stock LT1, T56, 175k on original motor, basic bolt-ons. 273 whp, 308wtq. SOLD ![]() 2001 Black WS6 TA Stock....for now.... DD: 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 quad cab sport, 6 inch RCX lift, 35x13.5 tires, 20x9 Fuel wheels, 20% tint all the way around, ZZ customs exhaust, Diablosport Trinity T1000 programmer.
|
|
#23
|
||||
|
||||
|
Gee my repair was free!
Im friends with the local weld shop owner lol. seems a bit pricey for an hours worth of work!!!! should be no more than 450.00 max.
__________________
![]() "As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen US NAVY RETIRED |
|
#24
|
||||
|
||||
|
Well I think this repair was much more involved than yours was Dawg, they had to drop the gas tank because it was in the way, for some reason, they had to drop the driveshaft too (idk why, but Im gonna talk to him tomorrow some more) and he told me there was more to it than just the two cracks that you can see in the picture. He also said that he thinks the frame cracked because of fatigue, not because of rot.
__________________
1993 BGGM Z28, stock LT1, T56, 175k on original motor, basic bolt-ons. 273 whp, 308wtq. SOLD ![]() 2001 Black WS6 TA Stock....for now.... DD: 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 quad cab sport, 6 inch RCX lift, 35x13.5 tires, 20x9 Fuel wheels, 20% tint all the way around, ZZ customs exhaust, Diablosport Trinity T1000 programmer.
|
|
#25
|
||||
|
||||
|
im told the combo of torsion bar mounts and salt spray does it.
still a piss poor design that was fixed on later silverados and GMs. but the truck should be recalled to fix them but for some reason they are not doing it?>
__________________
![]() "As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen US NAVY RETIRED |
|
#26
|
||||
|
||||
|
Yeah, ive heard of this similar thing happening to these trucks, and still no recall, someone just needs to get pissed and call up GM and bitch them out, maybe then they would haha
__________________
1993 BGGM Z28, stock LT1, T56, 175k on original motor, basic bolt-ons. 273 whp, 308wtq. SOLD ![]() 2001 Black WS6 TA Stock....for now.... DD: 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 quad cab sport, 6 inch RCX lift, 35x13.5 tires, 20x9 Fuel wheels, 20% tint all the way around, ZZ customs exhaust, Diablosport Trinity T1000 programmer.
|
![]() |
|
|