Post Whore

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 4
Thanks (Received): 18
Likes (Given): 22
Likes (Received): 76
Dislikes (Given): 1
Dislikes (Received): 3

If it really was in good condition I would say 4k in good condition. Also you probably wouldn't get much of anything for any aftermarket parts considering the fact that it sounds like it wasn't appraised and insured for them so everything is pretty much heresay.
Old 03-12-2014, 07:16 PM
Missing a 67

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 370
Thanks (Received): 75
Likes (Given): 481
Likes (Received): 266
Dislikes (Received): 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by black heartbeat View Post
If it really was in good condition I would say 4k in good condition. Also you probably wouldn't get much of anything for any aftermarket parts considering the fact that it sounds like it wasn't appraised and insured for them so everything is pretty much heresay.
I agree. Unless everything is declared up front with the insurance company, they are not going to pay anything other than stock condition replacement value.

See here: http://www.insure.com/car-insurance/upgrades.html

I'm betting they will not care about any mods if those modifications were not disclosed in advance.

If someone did try to disclose a lot of mods in advance, the insurance company probably wouldn't want to cover them.

Quote:
Good luck," says Kreisman. "We'll insure Ferraris and Bentleys, but souped-up cars? We won’t [insure] them. They are too high risk. . . . The [standard insurance companies] won’t touch them.

68 Camaro (?350 SB)
69 Camaro (L72 427 BB)
69 Camaro (DZ 302 SB - www.z28.net)
Camaro - A friendly flying car – from the French - the first half "camarade/friend" and the last half “aero/of the air".
Old 04-28-2015, 01:26 PM
Iron Blocks FTW!

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 113
Thanks (Received): 55
Likes (Given): 531
Likes (Received): 348
Dislikes (Given): 60
Dislikes (Received): 22

I did the same thing dave said printed out ads and showed them. They offered me 4500 for my car at first then they said ok fine 6500. So its worth a try. Then you can buy it back and part it out.

95 Z28 hard top - LT1 | 4L60e | bolt ons | Yank SS3600 | suspension | viking coil overs | 3.42 10 bolt | 3520 lbs - 12.331 @ 108.22mph 1.668 60'
08 Saab 9-7x - L96 6.0 swap | L92 heads/intake/TB | LS6 cam | LS9 springs | 7.425" hardened pushrods | CAI | 1-3/4" stepped LT's | catback | 4L60E | FTI 3000 278mm converter
Old 04-28-2015, 02:30 PM
Shooting for 11's

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 8
Thanks (Received): 29
Likes (Given): 27
Likes (Received): 36
Dislikes (Received): 1

Yeah - Been through this before:
If you did not validate modifications with insurance and specifically write them in as riders to ensure coverage for the value - All you can do is make a case for a higher value based on similar cars for sale.

They may also cover any repairs recently made (6 months?) if you can show receipts.

Unfortunately it's most likely going to be a losing proposition - but certainly worth the effort to get any of the added value back.

I hate the insurance part - as there's also the emotional tie in these cases which is worth nothing but heartache....