Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 370
Thanks (Received): 75
Likes (Given): 481
Likes (Received): 266
Dislikes (Given): 1
Dislikes (Received): 6
Default I hired a car detective.

I wanted to get more info on the 69 Z/28 so for $250, I hired a car detective. Bill Gould whose website is: http://www.autoancestry.com/

"As founder and owner of Auto Ancestry Bill Gould has a background as an Air Force cryptolinguist flying 160 combat missions over Vietnam and Laos, is an accomplished genealogist and mechanical engineer, as well as a successful thirty year business owner. Bill is also a life long Corvette owner with an appreciation and love for antique cars, especially early Corvettes."

It fits in nice because Bill is an Air Force guy and this car was kicked around between Air Force guys since 1969.

Alfred is the 2nd owner per the protect-o-plate (POP) I have. The POP only lists Alfreds initials, last name, address of Hamilton AFB, California, and the car VIN. The 2nd owner POP would entitle the new owner to the remainder of the 1 year warranty.

The normal 1st owner POP had a lot more information on the plate. It would include the:

Carburetor Source
Engine Production Code
Rear Axle Number
Vehicle Build Month
Transmission Number
Power Steering
Power Brakes
Radio Option
Disc Brake Option
Air Conditioning
Power Window Equipment

=======================================
Bill tracked Alfred down in CA.

He sent him a letter with "I am researching the history of a 1969 Z28 Camaro that you may have purchased new from Placke Chevrolet in St Louis while stationed at Scott Air Force Base in Illinois. "

……………….and I just finished talking with Alfred for an hour on the phone. I have notes everywhere and have to organize them. It was great talking with him!

68 Camaro (?350 SB)
69 Camaro (L72 427 BB)
69 Camaro (DZ 302 SB - www.z28.net)
Camaro - A friendly flying car – from the French - the first half "camarade/friend" and the last half “aero/of the air".