Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
Dislikes (Given): 0
Dislikes (Received): 0
Talking Scanning ABS and Air Bag systems ------>

I need to get my Z28 Scanned...... Anyone got any suggestions ?? The PCM is fine, but I've got an intermitant Air BaG light and no way to scan it to see where the bug is. I'm suspect of the column because I swapped a LS1 steering Wheel onto my LT1 car a few years back and had to cut/splice the SIR wiring so the proper plug was feeding the re-designed Air Bag.

I also need to scan the Traction Control ABS system too. Over the Winter I replaced my LS1 front end with a back-up set. This was done due to a bad hub. ( I bought a complete back up LS1 set-up so I could prep the LS1 stuff for my Z and use the LS1 calipers on my 84 Berlinetta LS1 conversion ) Since re-installing the front end I've got a ABS problem ( probably one of the hubs that was replaced ) and would rather scan for a code rather than replacing stuff blindly !

I'm sure that a Tech1 will work - but I don't have the $300 or so to buy one and no access to one either. Auto Parts stores can't check the codes for me because the car is a 95 with ODB1 PCM & ODB2 connector.

Any Advise on how to get the ABS and Air Bag codes for this thing ! I can't even think about getting it inspected until after these bugs are corrected.

Thanx in advance !

Tags
codes, odb!, scan, sir, tcs