Go Back   North East F-Body Association > F-Body Garage > Appearance and Detailing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-27-2017, 10:12 AM
The Detailer

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 2
Thanks (Received): 26
Likes (Given): 14
Likes (Received): 162
Dislikes (Given): 3
Dislikes (Received): 3
Default 2015 Camaro saved from a hack job!!!

I just had to share this one!

So a month ago I had a gentleman swing by for an estimate on a black 2015 Camaro with 9k miles. He informed me that the car had some deeper scratches and that another small dealership detailer charged him 150$ for a "detail" and tried to get the scratches out. Long story short a hack job with a rotary is what he got. Fast forward last week and it was time to get to work.

Before pics!

Wash/Decon- IGL wash, meguiars clay, Uber rinseless for lube

Engine bay- LATA, foamed with IGL wash, dressed with Hyper Dressing mixed 50 50.

Wheels/tires- Mckees foaming wheel cleaner gel, LATA, Hydro Blue, Mckees Gloss Tire Gel

Compounding- BOSS G21, BOSS microfiber cutting pad, Fast correcting cream. Adams swirl killer mini, Meguiars 3in microfiber cutting pad, Rupes Nano ibrid

Finishing polish- BOSS G21, black LC pro thin pad, Menzerna sf3800, Adams swirl killer mini, Rupes Nano ibrid

LSP- IGL Poly 1 year coating

The client also wanted me to install the orange vinyl stripes on the car. Being that I`m not really a vinyl guy I was a little hesitant to do so. But after some back and forth and making sure he got real GM stripes I decided I would tackle it to save him a trip back just to recoat the hood and trunk. The nice thing about the GM stripes is they have a small template built into the transfer film. They came out nice with one minor imperfection that the owner wasn`t concerned about.

Compound cleaned off

More before shots

After

Before. Had to spot sand some areas with 2000/3000

After

Before

After

50/50

Stripes all done

All coated

Walk around video

https://youtu.be/jotspCBsx14

More finished shots.

New Toy - 06 Torrid Red Gto M6. 231/242 cam, Kooks, magnaflow, GForce, Monster stg2, lingenfelter cai, 411rwhp 385rwtq. 12.40@111