Old-Skool Hot-Rodder

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 3
Thanks (Received): 1
Likes (Given): 2
Likes (Received): 5
Dislikes (Given): 0
Dislikes (Received): 0
Default Dash/Console Project Just About Done!

Pretty much got my custom dash and console project done. Started on the console last Winter. If you would've seen it... you'd probably throw it away! Put a few hours in bringing it back. The dash was mainly getting all the parts together and then cursing while I wired it, then calibrated it, then took care of a backlighting gremlin.

Got the SpeedHut gauges in, love the GPS Speedo. Calibrating the gas tank was an adventure.

Messing with the dash pad is a PITA, but you have to remove it to get the original dash insert out. This is temporary... I have the OER AC dash pad and vents which I'll put in soon enough. Have to transfer the spring clips once I pull it.

Going to add two "idiot" lights one for the Brake and the other for the Generator as they call it. Using 12mm logo'd round LED pieces from Alpinetech. I installed a new controller with the Vintage Air panel... thats part one the off-season project to add AC and the RS conversion.

The car is drifting towards the Pro-Touring look inside LOL. Everybody has wood grain, so I figured I like different... went with the carbon fiber theme instead. Dash insert, both console inserts, and the panel behind the "Oh Shit" grab handle. Got a nice, modern look, works well with the MOMO wheel.

The guys at TKTMZ Hydrographics in Holyoke did a awesome job, helped me find a incredibly realistic carbon fiber film to use on all my parts. I did a shift knob... but I don't know if I'll use it. I have to hand paint the engraved pattern in white and then see how it looks. The white knob works nice with the white interior.

I have plenty of space for a radio, but I admit when I'm driving I mainly like listening to the motor LOL. If I do a radio it might be a modern one with a white LED face (yeah I found one), or... get a old radio reconditioned with a white face and have it modded with bluetooth so I could at least have hands-free if I'm driving. Right now a radio is way down on my list. Still thinking 9" Ford rear, and 17" wheels LOL. It never stops.
Old 10-08-2017, 03:22 AM
Moderbator
Asteroids Champion

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 141
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 647
Dislikes (Received): 39

That looks great!

GRAMMAR HOW-TO
Old 10-09-2017, 11:58 AM
Post Whore

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 2
Thanks (Received): 101
Likes (Given): 11
Likes (Received): 180
Dislikes (Given): 12
Dislikes (Received): 2

Wow that is looking awesome.
Old 10-09-2017, 09:01 PM
Old-Skool Hot-Rodder

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 3
Thanks (Received): 1
Likes (Received): 5
Dislikes (Received): 0

Thanks guys, Appreciate the kind words. This was a lengthy 9 month task, a good deal of my time was spent working on the console, glassing some cracks over, then trying to get a nice finish on it. I almost went with the woodgrain but liked the idea of the carbon fiber better once I thought about doing more than just the instrument insert.

These are the two "idiot" lights I bought... still have to drill a couple holes and wire them in. I was thinking about other idiot lights, but with analog gauges you'd need redundant senders and it defeats the purpose of the gauges!
Old 10-19-2017, 03:49 PM
SITDOWN SHUT UP HOLD ON

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 10
Thanks (Received): 65
Likes (Received): 201
Dislikes (Given): 3
Dislikes (Received): 7

WOW looks Nice!

"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen

US NAVY RETIRED