Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 8
Thanks (Received): 19
Likes (Given): 27
Likes (Received): 74
Dislikes (Given): 12
Dislikes (Received): 4
Default Opinions?

Ok, so I'm getting readyto start cutting up my 68 in a week or two.
As some of you know I also have an 02 zo6 chassis here that I'm planning to use donor parts from.
Originally I planned to just swap the whole vette chassis under the car, rearmount transaxle and all. Now I'm debating...
Here's where I'm at, swap everything zo6 related under the car, lengthen he torque tube to match, and call it done.
Or, swap the vette front clip, keep the factory center floor/unibody, and hang a 4th gen style suspension/4th gen width 9" under the back to keep the track width right and update the rear. I know they make other bolt in crap but A. I don't see any real benefits over the 4th gen design, and B. I want the rear track width to match the front so I plan on ditching the factory rear regardless.

The vette rear setup would be great for weight bias as well as coolness factor but would require a bit more fab work. Also, I already have all of it minus the diff, so, it's cheaper.
The wider solid axle would be easier, and hook up much better at the drags. But, I'd need to buy eveything.

Ultimately my goal is to road race the car hard and drive the wheels off it on the street. It's been a drag car for the last 17 years and while I'm sure it will see the strip here and there, I could really care less about having it set up for the 1/4. Decisions decisions. Just looking for some discussion to help me make up my mind.