Thanks (Given): 177
Thanks (Received): 100
Likes (Given): 2351
Likes (Received): 230
Dislikes (Given): 57
Dislikes (Received): 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by My84Z View Post
I don't see the mpg problem but at 70 it's like 2500ishgiver or take a couple i don't drive it often. Also unless your turning 5k 10 mpg is huge lol
I drive my Camaro a lot, so i have to keep in mind a few things. But ill go with the 342s for now, and when i have to replace my rear end and Im not happy with the 342s, i can get better gears! lol

Quote:
Not driving your car to keep miles off of it is like not having sex with your girlfriend so her next boyfriend will appreciate it more.
Old 05-19-2011, 04:35 AM
Black Widow Bitch
Snake Champion

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 1
Thanks (Received): 31
Likes (Given): 76
Likes (Received): 111
Dislikes (Given): 5
Dislikes (Received): 10

go with motives..i got mine from summit. Im glad i went with 3.73s instead of 3.42s. MPG really didnt change considering i always drove in 3rd gear when i had the 2.73s i still average 21-23 on the highway
Anyways it all depends on your preference and what u want to do with the car
Old 05-19-2011, 07:16 AM
The Geek
Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by *LS1* Queen View Post
go with motives..i got mine from summit. Im glad i went with 3.73s instead of 3.42s. MPG really didnt change considering i always drove in 3rd gear when i had the 2.73s i still average 21-23 on the highway
Anyways it all depends on your preference and what u want to do with the car
Why did you drive around in third? lol And wow thats good gas mileage...you do have an ls1 tho

Quote:
Not driving your car to keep miles off of it is like not having sex with your girlfriend so her next boyfriend will appreciate it more.
Old 05-19-2011, 01:39 PM
YOUR ALL GUNNA DIE!!!

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 21
Thanks (Received): 192
Likes (Given): 65
Likes (Received): 587
Dislikes (Given): 25
Dislikes (Received): 83

3.73's if your going to stay Na and Not get a stall??? 3.42 on an LT1 wont really feel much better then 2.73's or 3.23's. and if your gunna waiste the money for a gear set and all the install BS with having "thick" gears installed(re shimming the Carrier is an Almost guarantee. id rather go threw all the hassle for a set of gears that will Deffinetly help. cuz to be honest. its cheaper and easier to just get a 3.42 complete rear.

1998 Firebird:buncha parts thats used to make it go fast..... not so much anymore.
BAAAAAA!!!!!!
Old 05-19-2011, 05:10 PM
The Geek

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvPizzaTimes10 View Post
3.73's if your going to stay Na and Not get a stall??? 3.42 on an LT1 wont really feel much better then 2.73's or 3.23's. and if your gunna waiste the money for a gear set and all the install BS with having "thick" gears installed(re shimming the Carrier is an Almost guarantee. id rather go threw all the hassle for a set of gears that will Deffinetly help. cuz to be honest. its cheaper and easier to just get a 3.42 complete rear.
so you can find me a compleate rear with 3.42 for under 200 bucks? Im wanting to ditch the asr so that don't matter but I want to keep my abs for now. And yes, I do plan on getting a stall, I just don't have the coin for it this moment but I plan on either a 3200 or 3600(if someone has a 3600 yank id like to go for a ride, I don't want a sloppy converter, I've herd horror storys of stalls being to "loose" and I don't want that. I've read the yanks have a near stock feel while still being able to stall up to when you want it. So if people can vouch for that then a 3600 is what id get.)

Quote:
Old 05-19-2011, 05:42 PM
YOUR ALL GUNNA DIE!!!

Post Thanks / Like

If you can install a set of gears for under 200 bux you are the man!! 200 just covers the gears. What about the install kit fluids and time? A rear willl cost you 300 with out 3 channel. And they are factory gears installed and lapped in THAT housing. Will last years longer then any aftermarket gears installed by you or even a professional. 10 bolts are picky. Just my 2 cents

1998 Firebird:buncha parts thats used to make it go fast..... not so much anymore.
BAAAAAA!!!!!!
Old 05-19-2011, 05:57 PM
The Geek

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
If you can install a set of gears for under 200 bux you are the man!! 200 just covers the gears. What about the install kit fluids and time? A rear willl cost you 300 with out 3 channel. And they are factory gears installed and lapped in THAT housing. Will last years longer then any aftermarket gears installed by you or even a professional. 10 bolts are picky. Just my 2 cents
Alright, so a complete rear end would seem the way to go then. There is a reason I ask on here, I've never been there done that and you guys have. So with that, what rear end should i be looking for? Anything out of a 93-97 fbody with factory 3.42 or 373s?

Also the yank 3200/3600 stall any thoughts? and knowing I will stall it at some point would it be wise to go with the 3.42?

I will be the first to admit I know crap about performance mods/ fast cars. My Camaro is the fastest car anyone has owned in my family, my dads 300c with the 5.7 is next in line. So this is a whole new can of worms. I really do appreciate everyones thoughts and factor it in when picking parts, I feel like you guys wont lead me wrong.

:edit: Feel free to call me out like pizza did about the gears, he was right I forgot to factor in fluid and install kit. Him being a "dick" and pointing that out very well saved me time and money.

Quote:
Old 05-19-2011, 06:14 PM
Build,beat,break,repeat..

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 8
Thanks (Received): 19
Likes (Given): 27
Likes (Received): 74
Dislikes (Given): 12
Dislikes (Received): 4

Pizza beat me to it. I was gonna say the same thing about just swapping the whole rear if you're only looking for 3.42's.
Old 05-19-2011, 06:23 PM
YOUR ALL GUNNA DIE!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Gunna stall it id say 3.42s and a 3600 yank ss series. Will be the best street strip setup I know of. But before you do a stall make sure you can the proper tranny tuning before hand!!

Ps wasn't being a dick but if I sugar coat it you might just not listen and I'm just trying to steer you in the right direction. Based on opinions and what I've done myself or have seen done sucessfully

BAAAAAA!!!!!!
Old 05-19-2011, 06:24 PM
The Geek

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottledbird68 View Post
Pizza beat me to it. I was gonna say the same thing about just swapping the whole rear if you're only looking for 3.42's.
Well your a dick to from trying to save me money! lol There, hope you don't feel left out now haha

Quote:
Gunna stall it id say 3.42s and a 3600 yank ss series. Will be the best street strip setup I know of. But before you do a stall make sure you can the proper tranny tuning before hand!!

Ps wasn't being a dick but if I sugar coat it you might just not listen and I'm just trying to steer you in the right direction. Based on opinions and what I've done myself or have seen done sucessfully
From what I've read the 342 and yank 3600 seems to be a popular choice. So I should rebuild and beef up the tranny as well when I stall it? And I know you weren't being a dick thats why I put the "" around it. And trust me, im not one for sugar coating, tell me how it is, so i thank you for that sir! I prefer to be told Im wrong before I do something stupid lol

Quote: