Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 11
Thanks (Received): 19
Likes (Given): 35
Likes (Received): 74
Dislikes (Given): 0
Dislikes (Received): 0
Default Battery drain

Ok guys, so 99.9% sure that I've found out why my battery has this voltage drop/drain but need some other ideas here. This is what the car the car is doing:

First of all, I have an alarm system and a pretty large audio system installed in it (800+ watts). The car also has a smaller 6v battery tied into it to help with the audio system demands, adding a mspaint diagram to illustrate it. Now when the car has nothing tied into it, 6v battery or the alarm system, it's fine. The alarm system tied back onto the electrical loop seems to not have any adverse effect on the battery. Haven't been able to let the car sit a few days at a time here because I've been working 6-7 days a week. But now, when disconnecting the alarm and only having the 6v battery to the system and not starting the car for a few days, causes it to drain the battery, even with the ground disconnected. So it seems like there is either a dead cell in the 6v battery, or it's pulling current from the 12v battery constantly. I haven't pulled it, or put a load tester on it yet either. Guess I could rip it out and take it down and have it tested, but have been too busy to do it. I don't want to send the fiance down to have it done because as soon as they see a girl walk into the store with a battery I know they're all going to be running around like schoolgirls trying to sell her on buying everything. All grounds are tied into a body ground location in the rear of the car, and it's verified as a really good ground. So I know that's not the part of the issue.

Now I was wondering if replacing the 6v battery would help power the audio system, or if it would constantly have an adverse effect on the electrical system causing it to drain? I'd like to have the extra power for when the bass hits hard, but is it worth it? I guess I could add a cap or two to help instead of the battery, but wanted to see what you guys think.

Any comments would be appreciated, thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg powerblock.JPG (20.6 KB, 6 views)