Thanks (Given): 47
Thanks (Received): 26
Likes (Given): 242
Likes (Received): 105
Dislikes (Given): 1
Dislikes (Received): 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaboom View Post
seriously i dont think 2k if gonna get u far with body work imo, especially if your talking paint too. if your really serious about body swapping look down south. there dirt cheep and dont have the winters that we do. you'll have to tow it back but the shell u get down there will be alot cheaper and im much better shape than up here
road trip! haha

1986 Camaro Iroc z28 305 TPI 700R4
-hooker-edelbrock 1 5/8" shorty headers-1.6 roller rockers-52mm TB-3.23 10 bolt- ...191rwhp/280rwtq...14.97@90.5 2.04 60'

2005 GMC Sierra 2500 LLY Duramax -exhaust-gauges-leveled-wheels-tune-egr delete....339rwhp/637rwtq
Old 12-07-2009, 01:12 AM
choking the wrench

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 55
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 250
Dislikes (Given): 0
Dislikes (Received): 5

You know what I say.Sell your car,buy a LS1 car and do headers/Cam and make more than you do now.

If you run a LS1 comp on your LT1 I can get it to pass the plug in. Did a 98 S10 with a LS1 swap.I can burn in the original S10 vin #.
Old 12-07-2009, 06:08 AM
YOUR ALL GUNNA DIE!!!

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 21
Thanks (Received): 192
Likes (Given): 65
Likes (Received): 587
Dislikes (Given): 25
Dislikes (Received): 83

yeah but im not looking to get rid of my engine persay. i dunno maybe im too attached. but for the price of all that would be more then i have into mine now anyway. i think im gunna stick with my shit box untill it ripps apart at the seams. all the extra money i would spend on a roller or a 98+ would finish my car off. its not like its completely Fucked. its just not mint anymore. i dunno

1998 Firebird:buncha parts thats used to make it go fast..... not so much anymore.
BAAAAAA!!!!!!
Old 12-07-2009, 10:52 AM
Post Whore

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 4
Thanks (Received): 18
Likes (Given): 22
Likes (Received): 76
Dislikes (Given): 1
Dislikes (Received): 3

I"ll keep any eye out for....uhh....high mileage blown late 90's f-bodies for you, i'm looking around for a v8 car anyways so I'll let you know if I see anything that you may be interested in
Old 12-07-2009, 08:52 PM
over 125 posts and less than 12.5 seconds

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Received): 2
Dislikes (Received): 0

hey pizza i know what u should do. buy ls car your choice then put yr lt in my camaro that would solve all yr problems
Old 12-07-2009, 10:42 PM
Rolling with over 50 posts

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Received): 0
Dislikes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvPizzaTimes10 View Post
there is NOOOO way id ever get a C4 there suspension is CRAP. a forth gen out handles them in every way possible in just stock form not to mention what you can add to them. and no offence BUT id rather not be in the same boat you are in. i just bought a 1500 dollar rear end for a reason. So i dont want be back down that road again. No RX7 for me. i dont Just want to go FAST i want a car worthy of building. BUT i may be over reacting to the actual shape of this car. it goes down the road straight and aside from a few common rot spot(rear floor pans/frame rails) i want to fix this car if its cost effective. IE costs less then buying a shell and doing a full swap over. we shall see i can see it costing over 3 grand to buy another car and all the other small shit. Hopefully. But fixing my car shouldnt cost that much and then its still "MY" car. Fuck i dunno what to do. So im gunna get a quote from a GREAT body guy soon and see if he tells me its worth the repairs.

I dont know what makes you say their suspension is crap. It was known for being innovative. One of the first american cars with all forged aluminum independent suspension componets. In the 80s the c4 was considered one of the best cars out there for road racing and autox stock car classes, regularly outpacing porches and bmws of the time which today are even still considered great handling cars. Even today they are competitive. Hell a C4 vette won one of the stock autox classes at the SCCA nationals last year for the mens and womens classes.

At the drag strip the manuals already have a Dana44 rear end which is good till about 1.4 60's which have been achieved in manuall shifted cars on stock suspension and they have cut better 60's on stock rear suspension with autos, I belivee down into the mid/ high 1.3s.

I dont know what part of the suspension is really so terrible. Its a great all around setup which is why its prob one of the most commonly used suspensions setups on resto rods.

The only problem I have is the rx7 was never offered with a kick ass rear end like the dana44 so I shouldent really launch near the limiter if I care to drive home afterwards, but I could prob hook right now a 6000rpm launch with nearly stock suspension so IRS can do more than most give it credit for at the track. You saw the rx7 yourself on the stock rear. The c4 is better at not gaining negative camber at launch and are damn near as light as an rx7. Looking back now I kinda wish I went with an C4, at least then I'de be able to race it in real street.

BTW after reading the rest of what posted.. You should just sell off your LT1 stuff and get an truck block 6.0 (LQ4 or LQ9) like don said, do exhaust and a cam, and make more power while probably making money on the deal.
Old 12-07-2009, 11:07 PM
Post Whore

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 4
Thanks (Received): 57
Likes (Given): 7
Likes (Received): 240
Dislikes (Given): 6
Dislikes (Received): 24

dude you are replacing all the suspension pieces and you have access to a lift..... clean sand and undercoat the thing. then put a newer style nose on the thing and save your money.

2000 SS Procharger
98 Z vert turbo
07 TB SS cai catback and tune
Old 12-08-2009, 02:08 AM
Post Whore

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Received): 13
Likes (Received): 55
Dislikes (Given): 2
Dislikes (Received): 7

your motor in a fiber glass 30-32 chevy 1500 pounds and able to hook like no other
Old 12-08-2009, 04:54 AM
YOUR ALL GUNNA DIE!!!

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 21
Thanks (Received): 192
Likes (Given): 65
Likes (Received): 587
Dislikes (Given): 25
Dislikes (Received): 83

Sciffyy poo. i dunno man ive never seen a vette in stock trim handle worth a damn. C4 suspension still used the mono leaf design wich is hardly state of the art or worth the time to screw around with. dont get me wrong for its time it was kick ass. But even wen the 4th gen came out it could handle more lateral G's in the corner stock for stock over the C4. Now a C5 That would be sumthing!!! and i Will not get rid of my LT1. everyone clains ill make more power LS blah blah blah. how much would it all cost to make 370 rwhp and over 400 rwt on an LS? really. ive already got 6 grand into this long block and 4 grand into the rest of it not including the rear end i just installed. im sorry im sticky with MY engine and rear end. And im gunna listen to John and undercoat the crap out of it IF i cant find a good deal soon. So please no offence but stop fuckin telling me to get rid of my engine for christ sake. im not trying to run 10's im trying to have a car thats gunna last and its fun to drive. i could give a fuck less how fast it really is. i built it its mine i love it.....

1998 Firebird:buncha parts thats used to make it go fast..... not so much anymore.
BAAAAAA!!!!!!
Old 12-08-2009, 05:43 AM
Post Whore

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Received): 13
Likes (Received): 55
Dislikes (Given): 2
Dislikes (Received): 7

i for one have never told you to change your motor or any thing (who the hell am i to judge i modded a metro LOL)