Go Back   North East F-Body Association > F-Body Garage > Appearance and Detailing

Old 11-22-2013, 04:02 PM
over 125 posts and less than 12.5 seconds

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 36
Thanks (Received): 5
Likes (Given): 90
Likes (Received): 33
Dislikes (Given): 0
Dislikes (Received): 1
Default 01 Mystic Z paint

So a little report to keep you all updated, dropped the Z off for paint wednesday, im in the process of trying to find a SS wing for it, i have the whole car being re-painted by my uncle who owns a body shop in holbrook ma, He does fantastic work and has been in business for over 35years. The Sail panel on the car is currently black, im leaving it black..However its starting to bubble the slightest amount, while its at the shop should i have that sanded down and re-painted as well, i hear as soon as they bubble its over from there. Dont want to have it be a problem in the next year or two. Let me know what you guys think on any experiences with this in the past. Thanks guys! I'll post progress pics as i get them!!
01 Z, 6.0 Swapped, LID, Bellow, Ported stock TB,Hooker Longtubes,TSP ORY, GMMG Catback. Fully built 4L60E Yank3600 converter, corvette servo's,hd shift kit, Lowered 1.25, Black 10Spoke SS wheels. Full edit slowhawk tune.
Old 11-22-2013, 05:51 PM
Runs 19's

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 23
Thanks (Received): 32
Likes (Given): 169
Likes (Received): 176
Dislikes (Given): 3
Dislikes (Received): 5

Sanding it/painting over it will make it worse if the paint gets baked. Only way of fixing is full replacement.

Good read: http://ls1tech.com/forums/paint-body...vice-pics.html
lowered/daily
Old 11-23-2013, 02:03 AM
Missing a 67

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 370
Thanks (Received): 75
Likes (Given): 481
Likes (Received): 266
Dislikes (Given): 1
Dislikes (Received): 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue01Z View Post
So a little report to keep you all updated, dropped the Z off for paint wednesday, im in the process of trying to find a SS wing for it, i have the whole car being re-painted by my uncle who owns a body shop in holbrook ma, He does fantastic work and has been in business for over 35years. The Sail panel on the car is currently black, im leaving it black..However its starting to bubble the slightest amount, while its at the shop should i have that sanded down and re-painted as well, i hear as soon as they bubble its over from there. Dont want to have it be a problem in the next year or two. Let me know what you guys think on any experiences with this in the past. Thanks guys! I'll post progress pics as i get them!!
Post up the pics! I'm definitely looking forward to seeing them.

68 Camaro (?350 SB)
69 Camaro (L72 427 BB)
69 Camaro (DZ 302 SB - www.z28.net)
Camaro - A friendly flying car – from the French - the first half "camarade/friend" and the last half “aero/of the air".
Old 11-23-2013, 01:52 PM
over 125 posts and less than 12.5 seconds

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 36
Thanks (Received): 5
Likes (Given): 90
Likes (Received): 33
Dislikes (Given): 0
Dislikes (Received): 1

Will do! As soon as i get them ill be more than happy to post them! Going to the shop today to check on it, i dont think its been touched yet because i told him no rush but we will see!
01 Z, 6.0 Swapped, LID, Bellow, Ported stock TB,Hooker Longtubes,TSP ORY, GMMG Catback. Fully built 4L60E Yank3600 converter, corvette servo's,hd shift kit, Lowered 1.25, Black 10Spoke SS wheels. Full edit slowhawk tune.