Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 11
Thanks (Received): 19
Likes (Given): 35
Likes (Received): 74
Dislikes (Given): 0
Dislikes (Received): 0
Default Front turn signal socket on my Z, need a part number

Ok I'm lazy, could've googled it but I'm here and already posting about it. Going to kind of make a rant about it as well, but that'll come afterwards. Anybody have a part number for a blade type (3157) gm front turn signal socket? Doesn't matter either GM or aftermarket (Dorman, etc).

Now for the rant, so coming home last night from a cookout at a friends house to enjoy the company of a friend who moved to Texas, while pulling up to a red light, noticed that my left front signal/parking light was out. It was weird because the flasher worked fine, wasn't stuck on or flashing extremely fast as most cars do or used to do. It was too dark to mess around with it last night so I decided to wait until I was at work today. Yeah, so what, it's Saturday and it was slow as shit hahaha.

So I go out, removed the drivers side headlight and pull the socket. Now for some f--ked up reason, somebody replaced it with the push n twist, WTF? Noticed that the back of the socket had a clear cover, which struck me as odd because gm usually gets that awesome creme/tan/khaki colored sockets. So looked further down the harness and I see electrical tape and I know right away somebody hacked the damned thing. For what reason, I'll never know. But anyways, I pulled the bulb and one of the contacts looked like it got melted and somebody smeared the damned thing, like when you heat up plastic and run your finger over it to smoothen it out. The raised edge of the socket was also starting to look crispy as well. So I figured no big deal, and figured that was the reason it wasn't working. Popped off the back of the socket and that's all it was, just wasn't making good enough contact.Well regardless I'm going to be replacing it anyways and doing it right. Figured if this one if hacked, better check the other side to make sure it's not screwed with and needing to have the same thing done a week or a month down the road. The other side is fine, still the stock unit but can't see the numbers on it though.

So back to the topic, if anybody has a replacement socket number, it'd be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 07-22-2012, 01:24 AM
YOUR ALL GUNNA DIE!!!

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 21
Thanks (Received): 192
Likes (Given): 65
Likes (Received): 587
Dislikes (Given): 25
Dislikes (Received): 83

Advance has a universal socket for your car on the shelf. i forget the number but it sez GM and its a push type bulb.

1998 Firebird:buncha parts thats used to make it go fast..... not so much anymore.
BAAAAAA!!!!!!
Old 07-22-2012, 01:42 AM
500 Club

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 11
Thanks (Received): 19
Likes (Given): 35
Likes (Received): 74
Dislikes (Given): 0
Dislikes (Received): 0

Thanks man, just had somebody text me 85881 for a vato zone part #.

Just got it done today, autozone part # is a good one. Gotta ask for it because it was behind the counter. $8 vs $24 at advance. Light works great.