Thanks (Given): 15
Thanks (Received): 16
Likes (Given): 58
Likes (Received): 54
Dislikes (Given): 2
Dislikes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicidal racing View Post
A single plane is the way to go...plus a real ported lt1 intake you will have more in vs a out the box single plane.. the 2725,300-25 all flow around 270 280 out the box..

Just because people have used the lt intakes at 600hp n/a dont mean its the right way..remeber a single plane will give more port volocity then the a lt hands down just because the runner shape..one look at a lt intake an you can tell the air tumbles an stalls trying to make them turns

Remember cfm ratings are more of a heads company selling keys..what they.dont tell you is you can have two heads the same with one flowing less by 20 but will walk the others head on the dyno an track all day..wet flow an air speed is what i try to look at more
I was thinking the same thing. Even my 2975 will perform better than a ported LT1 intake. Wouldnt the single plane have better air distribution as well?
Old 12-26-2010, 07:51 PM
Shooting for 13's

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 1
Likes (Received): 4
Dislikes (Given): 0
Dislikes (Received): 1

yes and the longer runners would help also with port velocity
Old 12-26-2010, 08:01 PM
Post Whore

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 4
Thanks (Received): 18
Likes (Given): 22
Likes (Received): 76
Dislikes (Given): 1

I gotta admit, I'm thinking about doing this smallblock head swap with my heads when I have the chance/ money
Old 12-26-2010, 11:27 PM
YOUR ALL GUNNA DIE!!!

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 21
Thanks (Received): 192
Likes (Given): 65
Likes (Received): 587
Dislikes (Given): 25
Dislikes (Received): 83

problem is on an LT1 headed car you cant just out of the box bolt a single plane on. So the extra money on top of a edelbrock E intake to have the bolt holes/port matching/ double check on flange angle alignment(any aftermarket intake needs and should be checked!). in the end what you gained over less then half into an LT1 intake IS IT WORTH not having wipers cutting your car up for a few horses Maybeee???

1998 Firebird:buncha parts thats used to make it go fast..... not so much anymore.
BAAAAAA!!!!!!
Old 12-27-2010, 02:11 AM
Shooting for 13's

Post Thanks / Like

There should be no reason to have to check the intake angle face..lt1 has 23 degree heads just like a.gen 1...if you have a drill press you have your bolt holes..then if you have a.bench grinder you. Have your angle washers
Old 12-27-2010, 02:24 AM
Shooting for 13's

Post Thanks / Like

Also you must of ne er looked at the lt1 intake gasket.head ports and intake..they are the worst matching shit ever.corners are round.slanted an stuff..not good at all
Old 12-27-2010, 04:34 PM
Post Whore

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 4
Thanks (Received): 18
Likes (Given): 22
Likes (Received): 76
Dislikes (Given): 1

either way I think its pretty interesting and I'm curious to look into it
Old 12-28-2010, 02:34 AM
YOUR ALL GUNNA DIE!!!

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 21
Thanks (Received): 192
Likes (Given): 65
Likes (Received): 587
Dislikes (Given): 25
Dislikes (Received): 83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicidal racing View Post
Also you must of ne er looked at the lt1 intake gasket.head ports and intake..they are the worst matching shit ever.corners are round.slanted an stuff..not good at all

oh i have seen the stock shit and how terrible they match up. and have hand ported/gasket matched and i didnt net anything for power.

i just like the LT1 As an LT1 i guess. i HATE the engine think its an abomination of junk parts thrown together to make some decent power.

but all in all having to do So much custom shit to it to make it have Cam Only power of an LQ9 just makes me not give a shit about trying anymore or harder. OR spend more money into the LT1. Just my 2 cents.

spend half the time and less then half the money and you will have a 10 second daily drivable LS........

ok rant over. sorry to ruine it but it had to be sed. i dont get all the Custom heads stuff for the LT1. just get a fucking Classic/87+ roller motor and be done?

1998 Firebird:buncha parts thats used to make it go fast..... not so much anymore.
BAAAAAA!!!!!!
Old 12-28-2010, 06:00 AM
Iron Blocks FTW!

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 113
Thanks (Received): 55
Likes (Given): 531
Likes (Received): 348
Dislikes (Given): 60
Dislikes (Received): 22

This is interesting since I dont have LT1 heads for my LT1 and I have a surplus of sbc heads. Not saying I'm gonna hack up a set of my sbc heads I can use on any of my sbc motors but what did you do in the first post pics? Have the oil return hole welded and a new one driller? Just in case of emergency!! But I have 3 4 bolt sbc's that I could build with various sets of heads so I'd rather build a 4bolt sbc with sbc heads than ruin my sbc heads to put on a poopy 2bolt LT1 in a poopy 4th gen. Problem is the cowl. Cant put an sbc in my 95 efficiently So I'd lean towards bolt on only LT1 of all out LQ9/T56 swap for my 4th gen. But For my 2nd gen, or any other car I may ever get my hands on, I'd def drop a beefy sbc in it.

and ok now my rant is over.

95 Z28 hard top - LT1 | 4L60e | bolt ons | Yank SS3600 | suspension | viking coil overs | 3.42 10 bolt | 3520 lbs - 12.331 @ 108.22mph 1.668 60'
08 Saab 9-7x - L96 6.0 swap | L92 heads/intake/TB | LS6 cam | LS9 springs | 7.425" hardened pushrods | CAI | 1-3/4" stepped LT's | catback | 4L60E | FTI 3000 278mm converter
Old 12-28-2010, 07:28 PM
Shooting for 13's

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvPizzaTimes10 View Post
oh i have seen the stock shit and how terrible they match up. and have hand ported/gasket matched and i didnt net anything for power.

i just like the LT1 As an LT1 i guess. i HATE the engine think its an abomination of junk parts thrown together to make some decent power.

but all in all having to do So much custom shit to it to make it have Cam Only power of an LQ9 just makes me not give a shit about trying anymore or harder. OR spend more money into the LT1. Just my 2 cents.

spend half the time and less then half the money and you will have a 10 second daily drivable LS........

ok rant over. sorry to ruine it but it had to be sed. i dont get all the Custom heads stuff for the LT1. just get a fucking Classic/87+ roller motor and be done?
well the lt1 block can take more power then the gen 1 block.the only thing holding these back in power is the bore..also a ls1 has 15 degree heads vs 23 degree heads..but with that said i know of 830hp 420ci n/a 23 degree n2o motors and the badest i seen for a ls1 was a 44x ci engine that made 960hp and had the best of the best an is a 30k engine

See your stuck thinking a lt1 is something special..its really just a bastard gen 1 motor thats it..only thing diff is the opti and reverse flow..thats it nothing more..a reg dizzy drops right in,you can by a lt1 carb intake from gm,spend 80$ on a balancer an pin kit,electric water pump and your done you have a damn carbed lt1 like a reg gen 1 deal..

when it comes down to it..its just a 23 degree headed motor..

as for a cam only lq9..your missing the cubes part and 15 degree heads vs 23..but even for mine as a 350ci motor with low comp ill be making around 600 on pump gas..which aint shit..if i bumped the cubes and did the tricks i know then it would be around 720hp on race gas with heads that are 20 yrs old

i went this route because i already had the lt1 motor..but said an done doller per doller wise ill walk a camed lq9 car motor to motor..trust me on that..im not lieing when i say ill have around 2k into my whole motor..carb to pan

but i will say if i didnt have my lt1 i was going to go ls1..but really doller per doller a big block will walk both them..an yes to build my motor im doing would cost anyone else double or tripple hands down.