Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 1
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 1
Dislikes (Given): 0
Dislikes (Received): 0
Default 102 swap Finally tuned.

PREVIOUS numbers were at TSP - 414/372 with the same cam and heads, stock pump and injectors MAF tune.

So it's been a while. I had them fix a bunch of other stuff too. Mice ate through a harness on top of the tank, they found a HUGE rats nest. Had 4 codes that they diag'd, one was for the fuel tank pressure sensor or something. Also had a lazy O2 sensor (I supplied), and the fuel pump was running out of room. Also, had them fix my crushed Y-pipe that I beat the fuk out of a couple years ago. And it needed a new belt tensioner. -was throwing belts now.

So long story short, here's the rundown..... Sorry, no videos yet. I wasn't 100% satisfied with these guys that tuned it. THEY took the videos and now the owner has them, and I ASKED for an a/f graph, they didn't supply it and i TOLD him that I asked for it on MONDAY. -No excuse for that. They also didn't order my Racetronix255 pump and harness from the vendor I specified ($209) so they tried to charge me $250 for it and they ate the difference when I told them what was up.

Ok... ok... Enough of my yammering.....

Who was it again that said I would lose low end?? Who said the intake was too big??? Hmmmmm.....

Ported 243 heads
TR/PatG cam 224/228 .637.639 110
FAST 102 with some minor smoothing.
NW 102 TB
SD tune
42# LS1 injectors
Ractronics 255 pump with hotwire fix
FTP 98mm lid.
SLP headers
SLP SLP ORY
TSP Rumbler CB
ASP UDP

456/424rw. They stuck some stock mufflers on the tips because they said it was too loud.. Anyway.. They said that may have been a 5hp loss because they were some stock mustang mufflers that are pretty restrictive. I'll get some new numbers some time this summer.

I showed PatG the numbers. He was quite impressed! he made 460/440 with this cam, but on his ideal setup.

Not bad for stock-ish heads and shitty SLP LT's, but those are tuned length headers meant for low to mid range power. That's prolly why the TQ shoots way up early. he said he set it for a commanded AFR of 11.7, so I don't think it's above 12.

-=EDIT=-

I've got an issue with these dyno sheets. These are the EXACT SAME one as they showed me last time I was in there. Gonna go back tomorrow. I'm not going back there again, otherwise. I'm not impressed with their customer service. And the fact that they gave me an excuse when I asked for the a/f graph and said that "mike" has them on his computer when I called on MONDAY and asked for them to be in the dyno readouts.

They produced some good numbers for me, but they're EXPENSIVE and a pita to deal with. I wouldn't recommend them.
Old 05-13-2011, 11:04 PM
Post Whore

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 4
Thanks (Received): 57
Likes (Given): 7
Likes (Received): 240
Dislikes (Given): 6
Dislikes (Received): 24

After everything u just said about them and the fact no a/f plus needed all that other stuff I'd probably check another dyno out first

2000 SS Procharger
98 Z vert turbo
07 TB SS cai catback and tune
Old 05-13-2011, 11:17 PM
Resident Gearhead

Post Thanks / Like

^ Yeah.. I'm gonna. I'm not happy with this place.. But anyone who's been there knows the guy is uber paranoid about leaning out. I'm gonna go back tomorrow and try to straighten out this dyno sheet thing and get my MAF back that they absconded.

The whole ordeal was just a headache, but then again I'm at the point in the game with this car is that not much is going to be cheap anymore...... And it sat all winter, 59k miles on the original fuel pump and a little over it's stock supposed limits. Never had the tank down before, so who knows. I saw the pics they took of the chewed harness and it was completely bare! I'm lucky I didn't have a fried PCM on my hands. I mean BARE COPPER... 0_o not good.
Old 05-14-2011, 12:15 AM
Post Whore

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 314
Thanks (Received): 61
Likes (Given): 824
Likes (Received): 337
Dislikes (Given): 155
Dislikes (Received): 25

tq/hp lines dont even cross at 5252

1999 Z28 T-Top M6 - LS6, Bolt Ons, Suspension, MWC Narrowed 9" - 415rwhp 385rwtq 10.847 @ 125.17

1989 IROC-Z H/T M5
2006 F350 SCSB 4x4 6.0L Diesel - Studs, EGR Delete, Powermax Turbo, Extreme Tuning & Exhaust - 13.23 @ 101
Old 05-14-2011, 12:20 AM
YOUR ALL GUNNA DIE!!!

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 21
Thanks (Received): 192
Likes (Given): 65
Likes (Received): 587
Dislikes (Given): 25
Dislikes (Received): 83

id like to see a compare of your previous graph over what the car makes now. no knowing your A/F is a big No No. i honestly wouldnt beat on it till you know for SURE how it runs. good numbers. but its only numbers. to me they seem bloated buy about 25rwhp. trick flow heads and a bigger cam make the same power. just my 2 cents. id get a second opinion. some guys and can fudge there numbers to make You happy.

1998 Firebird:buncha parts thats used to make it go fast..... not so much anymore.
BAAAAAA!!!!!!
Old 05-14-2011, 12:21 AM
YOUR ALL GUNNA DIE!!!

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 21
Thanks (Received): 192
Likes (Given): 65
Likes (Received): 587
Dislikes (Given): 25
Dislikes (Received): 83

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLP IROC-Z View Post
tq/hp lines dont even cross at 5252

WOW good catch Joe. that right there means that the graph is inaccurate and screwed with.

1998 Firebird:buncha parts thats used to make it go fast..... not so much anymore.
BAAAAAA!!!!!!
Old 05-14-2011, 12:35 AM
Post Whore

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 4
Thanks (Received): 57
Likes (Given): 7
Likes (Received): 240
Dislikes (Given): 6
Dislikes (Received): 24

It says uncorrected at the top just noticed also

2000 SS Procharger
98 Z vert turbo
07 TB SS cai catback and tune
Old 05-14-2011, 01:26 AM
Resident Gearhead

Post Thanks / Like

^ Yeah.. Because I've got time to tinker with a dyno sheet to prove a point.............. But this was the graph I am having an issue with. This was the same one they showed me last week when I stopped in last week to check up on it. I've gotta go back tmrw anyway. Other than that I've been out workin at the cape all week so I get back to CT when I can. I may just stay out there for a couple weeks.

And this is all I have from my previous "tune" at Texas Speed. And PatG made 460/440 on his. Is it THAT inconceivable that I may be even REMOTELY close?!

Old 05-14-2011, 01:33 AM
The Geek
Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 177
Thanks (Received): 100
Likes (Given): 2351
Likes (Received): 230
Dislikes (Given): 57
Dislikes (Received): 14

Untill you get a correct dyno I wouldn't be to happy. Its uncorrected and hp/tq#s don't cross like they are spoused to and no afrs...seems like bloated #s cause they wanted your money.

:edit: and over a 50 hp and tq gain from an intake alone...i dunno.

Quote:
Not driving your car to keep miles off of it is like not having sex with your girlfriend so her next boyfriend will appreciate it more.
Old 05-14-2011, 01:45 AM
Resident Gearhead

Post Thanks / Like

^ I blame a LOT on TSP for not tuning it right to begin with. Not to mention that was at 3800ft altitude, this is now at sea level, with 1: bigger injectors 2: 25% UDP and 3: a correct tune. Not to mention a crushed y-pipe that was prolly holding back power and the restrictive intake ducting. I think there was just a LOT wrong with the car prior to this current tune.