Go Back   North East F-Body Association > GM (Non-F-Body) Garage > 2000-2009 (GM)

Old 01-16-2015, 02:17 AM
Missing a 67

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 370
Thanks (Received): 75
Likes (Given): 481
Likes (Received): 266
Dislikes (Given): 1
Dislikes (Received): 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottledbird68 View Post
David, yes that last pic is from the woodward dream cruise. It's an experience that really can't be described. Every gear head should go at least once. Just make sure your car can handle sitting in traffic on a hot August day.
Man oh man.....you've got me itching to go.

Quote:
The Woodward Dream Cruise is the world's largest one-day automotive event, drawing about 1.5 million people and 40,000 classic cars each year from around the globe.
I think I would tow the white Camaro down. It would be great to be cruising 1/2 the time and watching the cars go by the other 1/2.

68 Camaro (?350 SB)
69 Camaro (L72 427 BB)
69 Camaro (DZ 302 SB - www.z28.net)
Camaro - A friendly flying car – from the French - the first half "camarade/friend" and the last half “aero/of the air".
Old 01-16-2015, 04:37 AM
Build,beat,break,repeat..

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 8
Thanks (Received): 19
Likes (Given): 27
Likes (Received): 74
Dislikes (Given): 12
Dislikes (Received): 4

The hard part about relaxing and watching is finding a place to park. We ended up leaving the truck a block off the main strip and walking around for a little while.
Definitely go. It's something every gear head needs to experience. And by all means get there a couple days early if you have time. The cruising is almost better on the nights leading up to the show cause traffic is actually moving and still a bunch of hot rods running around.
Old 01-17-2015, 12:03 AM
Post Whore

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 2
Thanks (Received): 101
Likes (Given): 11
Likes (Received): 180
Dislikes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidS View Post
Man oh man.....you've got me itching to go.

I think I would tow the white Camaro down. It would be great to be cruising 1/2 the time and watching the cars go by the other 1/2.
i was thinking real hard on going this year. theres a fbody club thats up there that usually gets a big spot on the strip for the fbodys. if i go i was going to trailer my car up a few days early to hang out. im told theres a lot of things going on the days leading to the main show.
Old 01-17-2015, 02:42 AM

Post Thanks / Like

Oh yes there definitely is. The cruising is almost better on the days before the actual show cause the traffic is much lighter. Plus there's plenty of other automotive related stuff to do.
Anyone who goes to detroit I HIGHLY recommend visiting the ford piquette plant. Henry fords original model t plant. It was hands down the best and most informative historical tour information wise I've ever had anywhere. And all the guides are volunteers who love what they do. It's not huge but the wealth of information they have and share was well worth it.

Then we went and did the ford factory tour (gm and chrysler don't do public tours, bastards). It was meh. They say it's the only assembly line open for public viewing but they don't show you much. Just one small section. So take that for what it's worth. My daughter loved it. I was disappointed lol.
Old 01-17-2015, 03:15 AM
Missing a 67

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottledbird68 View Post
My daughter loved it.
Jeez....you are one lucky SOB. My wife could care less and is mystified about why I care about cars. My son is just starting to show some interest in cars.

If at least one of them were wanting to go.....it would be an awesome trip. I have a book called "Woodward Avenue: Cruising the Legendary Strip". I've read it twice and although I'd love to go, I'm not really sure when I'd actually be able to go.

68 Camaro (?350 SB)
69 Camaro (L72 427 BB)
Camaro - A friendly flying car – from the French - the first half "camarade/friend" and the last half “aero/of the air".
Old 01-17-2015, 03:36 AM

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you I know I am
Jami was all for the trip. She has been hearing me talk about it for the last decade lol. She's into cars very much as well so it's a good fit. Our daughter is 9 and she's dying to help me at the shop all the time. Full of questions and wanting to learn. We'll see how the new girl due in March comes out but she'll be growing up with it all so it's kind of unavoidable lol

And I'll say it again, woodward is something that every gearhead needs to experience at least once in their lives. It's as amazing as it sounds. Cars of all shape and form everywhere for every interest
Old 01-18-2015, 03:36 AM
Missing a 67

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankzlt1 View Post
i was thinking real hard on going this year. theres a fbody club thats up there that usually gets a big spot on the strip for the fbodys. if i go i was going to trailer my car up a few days early to hang out. im told theres a lot of things going on the days leading to the main show.
Frank, I would love to go this year.....but my wife has a bunch of crap planned including going out to California to see her sister this summer. The only thing I might get out of it is going to see the Peterson museum, but I think it might be closed. Screw me sideways and it's just my luck.

On the Woodward cruise, if not this year I might be able to go next year.

68 Camaro (?350 SB)
69 Camaro (L72 427 BB)