Go Back   North East F-Body Association > F-Body Garage > Fourth Generation

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-29-2012, 03:08 AM
holokosta's Avatar
holokosta holokosta is offline
Drive Fast Take Chances
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Norwood, Ma
Posts: 644
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 35
Thanks (Received): 17
Likes (Given): 156
Likes (Received): 68
Dislikes (Given): 5
Dislikes (Received): 3
Default changing out the interior...

So something else that I wanted to start thinking about with my car is the interior... I want to do leather seats for the front, and for the rear I was planning on removing the seats and building a box for my subs and an amp rack. (this is eventually so i don't care if the seats don't match colors/fabrics as of yet is what I'm getting at)

As far as the interior has any one done something like this? Would it be more cost effective to look for seats or to have them rewrapped?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-29-2012, 04:29 AM
My84Z's Avatar
My84Z My84Z is offline
Post Whore
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: dartmouth
Posts: 2,925
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 4
Thanks (Received): 57
Likes (Given): 7
Likes (Received): 240
Dislikes (Given): 6
Dislikes (Received): 24
Default

I think katzkin use to make nice covers. It's getting hard to find mint seats. To me I would just get aftermarket seats for the front and either get rears or leave them out.
__________________

2000 SS Procharger
98 Z vert turbo
07 TB SS cai catback and tune
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-29-2012, 04:51 AM
ILuvPizzaTimes10's Avatar
ILuvPizzaTimes10 ILuvPizzaTimes10 is offline
YOUR ALL GUNNA DIE!!!
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Randolph, MA
Posts: 9,380
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 21
Thanks (Received): 192
Likes (Given): 65
Likes (Received): 587
Dislikes (Given): 25
Dislikes (Received): 83
Default

yeah i agree. the ones you find Way over priced compared to a new set of a Decent "racing" seat.
__________________


1998 Firebird:buncha parts thats used to make it go fast..... not so much anymore.
BAAAAAA!!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-29-2012, 08:39 AM
*LS1* Queen's Avatar
*LS1* Queen *LS1* Queen is offline
Black Widow Bitch
Snake Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Norwood, MA
Posts: 3,126
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 1
Thanks (Received): 31
Likes (Given): 76
Likes (Received): 111
Dislikes (Given): 5
Dislikes (Received): 10
Default

there are quite a few companies that sell nice covers do a search on google and u can usually get custom ones too which are pretty cool
__________________
~*Maddie*~
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-29-2012, 02:51 PM
Motaboata Motaboata is offline
The #1 Boobie lover
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Woonsuckit!
Posts: 656
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 2
Thanks (Received): 6
Likes (Given): 13
Likes (Received): 34
Dislikes (Given): 4
Dislikes (Received): 7
Default

I might have leather seats fs soon
__________________
98z28 a4 Ls2 powered 403ci. 435/397 at the wheels... Yank 3200 stall... 3.73s in a craptastic 10bolt
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-29-2012, 07:06 PM
holokosta's Avatar
holokosta holokosta is offline
Drive Fast Take Chances
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Norwood, Ma
Posts: 644
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 35
Thanks (Received): 17
Likes (Given): 156
Likes (Received): 68
Dislikes (Given): 5
Dislikes (Received): 3
Default

I know what you guys are saying about the covers vs the actual seats. I know it would be hard to find good seats in a good condition. I'll do my best to find seats but if I can't then I guess I'll have no choice but t go with the covers.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-29-2012, 07:08 PM
SLP IROC-Z SLP IROC-Z is offline
Post Whore
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Salem, NH
Posts: 2,051
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 314
Thanks (Received): 61
Likes (Given): 824
Likes (Received): 337
Dislikes (Given): 155
Dislikes (Received): 25
Default

6ledesigns.com
__________________

1999 Z28 T-Top M6 - LS6, Bolt Ons, Suspension, MWC Narrowed 9" - 415rwhp 385rwtq 10.847 @ 125.17

1989 IROC-Z H/T M5
2006 F350 SCSB 4x4 6.0L Diesel - Studs, EGR Delete, Powermax Turbo, Extreme Tuning & Exhaust - 13.23 @ 101
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-22-2012, 10:28 PM
Kalstar Kalstar is offline
500 Club
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Cape Cod
Posts: 592
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 17
Thanks (Received): 13
Likes (Given): 21
Likes (Received): 82
Dislikes (Given): 1
Dislikes (Received): 4
Default

I just did mine over. Found a one girl shop down in FL. She did all seven pieces in what looks, smells and feels like leather (it's not) for $500.00. One hell of a deal if you ask me. I will post a link if allowed (I have no conection to her other than a happy client).

Jim
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-22-2012, 10:30 PM
My84Z's Avatar
My84Z My84Z is offline
Post Whore
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: dartmouth
Posts: 2,925
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 4
Thanks (Received): 57
Likes (Given): 7
Likes (Received): 240
Dislikes (Given): 6
Dislikes (Received): 24
Default

Post away we don't care lol
__________________

2000 SS Procharger
98 Z vert turbo
07 TB SS cai catback and tune
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-22-2012, 10:45 PM
holokosta's Avatar
holokosta holokosta is offline
Drive Fast Take Chances
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Norwood, Ma
Posts: 644
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 35
Thanks (Received): 17
Likes (Given): 156
Likes (Received): 68
Dislikes (Given): 5
Dislikes (Received): 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by My84Z View Post
Post away we don't care lol
Yea what he said... Throw it up here!!

Do you know where in Florida by any chance?
Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.