Go Back   North East F-Body Association > F-Body Garage > Fourth Generation

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-05-2012, 06:29 PM
Z28's Avatar
Z28 Z28 is offline
Runs 19's
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Westboro
Posts: 871
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 23
Thanks (Received): 32
Likes (Given): 169
Likes (Received): 176
Dislikes (Given): 3
Dislikes (Received): 5
Default Planning ahead

In the near future, I would like to make plans for an LSX powerplant. However, I dont want to sell my car at the moment, but I'm not sure if I should keep putting money into my car so here are my options I've been considering.

Sell the Z, buy an LS1 car, do a H/C/I
Keep the Z, sell the LT1 and 4L60E and do a H/C/I truck motor build and T-56

I love m car and the way it looks but is it really worth the time and money?
__________________
Victory Red 1994 Z28
in progress
Black 2000 S10
lowered/daily
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-05-2012, 07:09 PM
Slowhawk Slowhawk is offline
choking the wrench
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,526
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 55
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 250
Dislikes (Given): 0
Dislikes (Received): 5
Default

Thats all your choice.

Only problem with the swap is wiring everything to work. Some people can handle it, some can't.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-05-2012, 10:19 PM
KB93z28's Avatar
KB93z28 KB93z28 is offline
SLOWMARO
Chopper Challenge Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Whitinsville, MA
Posts: 1,189
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 53
Thanks (Received): 24
Likes (Given): 97
Likes (Received): 136
Dislikes (Given): 7
Dislikes (Received): 10
Default

Keep me posted on your decision, I have an LQ4 I might want to get rid of. I was going to do an ls swap in my car, but I think I might be getting in way over my head in that direction.
__________________
1993 BGGM Z28, stock LT1, T56, 175k on original motor, basic bolt-ons. 273 whp, 308wtq. SOLD
2001 Black WS6 TA Stock....for now....
DD: 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 quad cab sport, 6 inch RCX lift, 35x13.5 tires, 20x9 Fuel wheels, 20% tint all the way around, ZZ customs exhaust, Diablosport Trinity T1000 programmer.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-06-2012, 03:55 PM
84ta406 84ta406 is offline
Future club Dangle member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Worcester, MA
Posts: 1,802
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 15
Thanks (Received): 16
Likes (Given): 58
Likes (Received): 54
Dislikes (Given): 2
Dislikes (Received): 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB93z28 View Post
Keep me posted on your decision, I have an LQ4 I might want to get rid of. I was going to do an ls swap in my car, but I think I might be getting in way over my head in that direction.
How much are you looking to get for the LQ4?
__________________
5.3L LSx, Fbody .500 cam, TH400, 4500 Stall, Moser 9"
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-12-2012, 11:18 PM
KB93z28's Avatar
KB93z28 KB93z28 is offline
SLOWMARO
Chopper Challenge Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Whitinsville, MA
Posts: 1,189
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 53
Thanks (Received): 24
Likes (Given): 97
Likes (Received): 136
Dislikes (Given): 7
Dislikes (Received): 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84ta406 View Post
How much are you looking to get for the LQ4?
Im not 100% set on selling it yet, I think Im gonna sit on it for a little bit before I make up my mind.
__________________
1993 BGGM Z28, stock LT1, T56, 175k on original motor, basic bolt-ons. 273 whp, 308wtq. SOLD
2001 Black WS6 TA Stock....for now....
DD: 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 quad cab sport, 6 inch RCX lift, 35x13.5 tires, 20x9 Fuel wheels, 20% tint all the way around, ZZ customs exhaust, Diablosport Trinity T1000 programmer.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-13-2012, 01:12 AM
ZFreie's Avatar
ZFreie ZFreie is offline
The Geek
Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Southern NH
Posts: 2,601
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 177
Thanks (Received): 100
Likes (Given): 2351
Likes (Received): 230
Dislikes (Given): 57
Dislikes (Received): 14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB93z28 View Post
Im not 100% set on selling it yet, I think Im gonna sit on it for a little bit before I make up my mind.
Translation, To lazy to do it so I'm gonna pretend Ill work up the motivation to do it but never will... lol
__________________
95 Z28 A4~Sold~

Quote:
Not driving your car to keep miles off of it is like not having sex with your girlfriend so her next boyfriend will appreciate it more.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-13-2012, 07:59 PM
Camaro9969's Avatar
Camaro9969 Camaro9969 is offline
Camaro SS480
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Agawam Ma
Posts: 834
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 5
Thanks (Received): 4
Likes (Given): 128
Likes (Received): 92
Dislikes (Given): 0
Dislikes (Received): 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84ta406 View Post
How much are you looking to get for the LQ4?
Ill sell you an lq4 have two in the garage one im keeping to build a foged motor. Pm me an offer. Its an 05 with 131k
__________________

1999 Camaro SS480
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGXXuq9T2TI
G,M. Precision Welding and Fabrication
GMPrecisionWelding@gmail.com
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-05-2012, 10:20 PM
KB93z28's Avatar
KB93z28 KB93z28 is offline
SLOWMARO
Chopper Challenge Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Whitinsville, MA
Posts: 1,189
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 53
Thanks (Received): 24
Likes (Given): 97
Likes (Received): 136
Dislikes (Given): 7
Dislikes (Received): 10
Default

And the best way to do a swap is to find a totaled LS car and just swap over the parts you need.
__________________
1993 BGGM Z28, stock LT1, T56, 175k on original motor, basic bolt-ons. 273 whp, 308wtq. SOLD
2001 Black WS6 TA Stock....for now....
DD: 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 quad cab sport, 6 inch RCX lift, 35x13.5 tires, 20x9 Fuel wheels, 20% tint all the way around, ZZ customs exhaust, Diablosport Trinity T1000 programmer.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-05-2012, 11:22 PM
ILuvPizzaTimes10's Avatar
ILuvPizzaTimes10 ILuvPizzaTimes10 is offline
YOUR ALL GUNNA DIE!!!
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Randolph, MA
Posts: 9,380
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 21
Thanks (Received): 192
Likes (Given): 65
Likes (Received): 587
Dislikes (Given): 25
Dislikes (Received): 83
Default

^^ TRUTH!! Only real way to do it. the parts alone will cost you more in the end then just buying a running driving LS car. i would either buy a wrecked one or a HIGH mileage car for as good price and do some rebuilding/big motor swap. But you have ALL the swap parts.
__________________


1998 Firebird:buncha parts thats used to make it go fast..... not so much anymore.
BAAAAAA!!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-08-2012, 05:38 PM
KLAB's Avatar
KLAB KLAB is offline
Iron Blocks FTW!
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Earth
Posts: 4,512
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 113
Thanks (Received): 55
Likes (Given): 531
Likes (Received): 348
Dislikes (Given): 60
Dislikes (Received): 22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvPizzaTimes10 View Post
^^ TRUTH!! Only real way to do it. the parts alone will cost you more in the end then just buying a running driving LS car. i would either buy a wrecked one or a HIGH mileage car for as good price and do some rebuilding/big motor swap. But you have ALL the swap parts.
;(

__________________

95 Z28 hard top - LT1 | 4L60e | bolt ons | Yank SS3600 | suspension | viking coil overs | 3.42 10 bolt | 3520 lbs - 12.331 @ 108.22mph 1.668 60'
08 Saab 9-7x - L96 6.0 swap | L92 heads/intake/TB | LS6 cam | LS9 springs | 7.425" hardened pushrods | CAI | 1-3/4" stepped LT's | catback | 4L60E | FTI 3000 278mm converter
Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.