|
#11
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
What is 6.0 LS1? ![]()
__________________
-Nick 9/11/01 NEVER forget! |
|
#12
|
||||
|
||||
|
lol
|
|
#13
|
||||
|
||||
|
the cost of doing a 6.0 or any LSX based engine goes threw the roof unless you have a donor car. little shit adds up FAST. k member rack tranny crossmember wiring harness/conversion. it would have cost me over 3k if i was to do a LSX swap and i already have the car wired for it. Fuck That! want an LS1 car buy one.
__________________
![]() 1998 Firebird:buncha parts thats used to make it go fast..... not so much anymore. ![]() BAAAAAA!!!!!! |
|
#14
|
||||
|
||||
|
Only 6.0's that work easy are an LS2 ($3500+ for the engine alone) or the LQ4/LQ9, which you have to swap the entire intake and fuel delivery stuff to make it work. PCm and wiring are different, you either need to alter or replace the transmission because they are not interchangeable. K-member is different, exhaust is different. Like Pizza said cost adds up in a hurry.
__________________
-Nick 9/11/01 NEVER forget! |
|
#15
|
||||
|
||||
|
Geez that aint nothing a bit of fine sandpaper cant fix!
__________________
![]() "As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen US NAVY RETIRED |
|
#16
|
|||
|
|||
|
Quote:
But, careful scrounging of online classifieds I'm pretty certain I could have an lq4 in and running for under 2g's. Just a matter of waiting for the right deals on individual parts to pop up. Patience is and careful scrounging is key. Trust me, it's why we have what we have, it's not because we're independently wealthy lol
__________________
The fleet...
|
|
#17
|
||||
|
||||
|
$2G is still more then the ignition swap
, and you'd be hard pressed to get more then a functional engine for that. Unless you are good at fabbing your own stuff it is a tough swap on an LTX car to do it on the cheap.
__________________
-Nick 9/11/01 NEVER forget! |
|
#18
|
||||
|
||||
|
THANK YOU!!!!
__________________
![]() 1998 Firebird:buncha parts thats used to make it go fast..... not so much anymore. ![]() BAAAAAA!!!!!! |
|
#19
|
|||
|
|||
|
Well, I already have the lq4 and am a competent fabber so for about what the ignition conversion goes for I could have the 6.0 in
![]() But yes, I do get what you guys are saying
__________________
The fleet...
|
|
#20
|
||||
|
||||
|
and all of that is for a Stock 6.0 LQ4? so you'll go threw all that trouble and money for 300hp...... im not following you..... Sorry Jay back on track. id say shut her down over the winter get the ignition swap and be able to run the car to potential NO BULLSHIT ohh its got another misfire. ive been there man. it suckssss
__________________
![]() 1998 Firebird:buncha parts thats used to make it go fast..... not so much anymore. ![]() BAAAAAA!!!!!! |
![]() |
| Thread Tools | |
| Display Modes | |
|
|