|
#11
|
||||
|
||||
|
You're right, we should stop striving for greater knowledge and understanding to save a few bucks. College costs money too, better drop out!!!
|
|
#12
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
And its not that I don't agree that knowledge is important but, name one life altering thing space has done for us. No planets to live on, no awesome energy source. Just some bragging rights that we know what things look like out there and have no real way to get to them in any humans life time. Granted I think this way about alot of stuff, like the government and war. None of it does anyone good, I know its a necessary evil but even still.
__________________
95 Z28 A4~Sold~ Quote:
|
|
#13
|
||||
|
||||
|
If you like having a picture on the screen when you turn your TV on thank NASA, they brought the satellites transmitting those pictures into space. Not to mention the spy satellites used to gather intelligence so we can have effective national defense.
|
|
#14
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
PS. I always play devils advocate, I don't mean any harm.
__________________
95 Z28 A4~Sold~ Quote:
|
|
#15
|
||||
|
||||
|
It's all good. And I am by no means suggesting that we shouldn't do what we need to do to eliminate hunger and homelessness. There's certainly a lot of work to do right here on Earth.
|
|
#16
|
||||
|
||||
|
Agreed, I just wish more people agreed on that...
__________________
95 Z28 A4~Sold~ Quote:
|
|
#17
|
||||
|
||||
|
Anything you get from satellites (Weather, TV, Cell phones, GPS etc) you can thank NASA for, not to mention tens of thousands of everyday items you take for granted that were engineered by people at NASA and have filtered into, I don't know, say, the automotive industry, aerospace industry, communications and oh yeah national defense. Weather satellites alone have probably saved thousands if not tens of thousands of lives just in the monitoring of tornadic storms and hurricanes and given you all warnings of when to expect snow or hail. If you think nothing has come from the exploration of space and the people that do it than you are either ignorant or clueless. I'd rather pay to try and put someone on Mars then for all these assholes free healthcare and the god awful Unions.
__________________
-Nick 9/11/01 NEVER forget! |
|
#18
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
__________________
95 Z28 A4~Sold~ Quote:
|
|
#19
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
__________________
![]() 1986 Camaro Iroc z28 305 TPI 700R4 -hooker-edelbrock 1 5/8" shorty headers-1.6 roller rockers-52mm TB-3.23 10 bolt- ...191rwhp/280rwtq...14.97@90.5 2.04 60' 2005 GMC Sierra 2500 LLY Duramax -exhaust-gauges-leveled-wheels-tune-egr delete....339rwhp/637rwtq |
|
#20
|
||||
|
||||
|
Ummm, they all have to do with a flawed govt and taxes, so yeah I am paying for both which is why I said I'd rather pay for NASA than these BS programs that only benefit the useless and lazy. You want health care get off your ass and get a better job, otherwise quit complaining. These people mostly only have themselves to blame for their issues. If they would spend half as much time looking for work or getting into a better school as they do crying about what they are supposedly entitled to they might just make it.
__________________
-Nick 9/11/01 NEVER forget! |
![]() |
|
|