|
#11
|
||||
|
||||
|
Seems Ill have to get to the fuel pump which means either dropping the tank......or doing the trap door. I'm not against doing the trap door but I hate to cut up a car......
__________________
1993 BGGM Z28, stock LT1, T56, 175k on original motor, basic bolt-ons. 273 whp, 308wtq. SOLD ![]() 2001 Black WS6 TA Stock....for now.... DD: 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 quad cab sport, 6 inch RCX lift, 35x13.5 tires, 20x9 Fuel wheels, 20% tint all the way around, ZZ customs exhaust, Diablosport Trinity T1000 programmer.
|
|
#12
|
||||
|
||||
|
Isn't the vent that white plastic piece that hangs down by the axle behind the tank? Or am I thinking of something else?
|
|
#13
|
||||
|
||||
|
Very possible Alex. Sounds about right.
|
|
#14
|
||||
|
||||
|
The part I'm thinking of is #10 in this picture, the diagram says "vent"
|
|
#15
|
||||
|
||||
|
there is no vent valve like your talking about Ben on these cars. its a very odd vacuum/pressure reliefe valve. on the trucks its a big black piece of shit hanging over the rear axle. this vent valve should be off the back of the tank near the rear axle. or you can also look at the hosing near the evap canister. behind that plastic cover near the filler neck. i believe this valve vents Threw the canister so no hydrocarbons are released So if the canister is plugged. no vent. it should be either white or black with 3 lines connected to it. 2 large diameter hoses and one smaller vacuum line. take a look and see. my 1993 and 1998 had them... then they were ripped off.....
__________________
![]() 1998 Firebird:buncha parts thats used to make it go fast..... not so much anymore. ![]() BAAAAAA!!!!!! |
|
#16
|
||||
|
||||
|
Isn't that the canister purge valve that you're talking about? The little fitting with three lines right next to the canister? The tank vent is a white plastic piece near the back of the tank. Here's a pic from an LT1 car, I doubt an LS1 car is any different:
![]()
|
|
#17
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
__________________
1993 BGGM Z28, stock LT1, T56, 175k on original motor, basic bolt-ons. 273 whp, 308wtq. SOLD ![]() 2001 Black WS6 TA Stock....for now.... DD: 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 quad cab sport, 6 inch RCX lift, 35x13.5 tires, 20x9 Fuel wheels, 20% tint all the way around, ZZ customs exhaust, Diablosport Trinity T1000 programmer.
|
|
#18
|
||||
|
||||
|
Thanks for the pic Alex, Ill check it out right now.
__________________
1993 BGGM Z28, stock LT1, T56, 175k on original motor, basic bolt-ons. 273 whp, 308wtq. SOLD ![]() 2001 Black WS6 TA Stock....for now.... DD: 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 quad cab sport, 6 inch RCX lift, 35x13.5 tires, 20x9 Fuel wheels, 20% tint all the way around, ZZ customs exhaust, Diablosport Trinity T1000 programmer.
|
|
#19
|
||||
|
||||
|
So I crawled under there and I didn't see a "fuel tank vent valve" like in Alex's picture. But if you look closely it looks like there is a spot for one but its not there. Also you'll see the end of a black plastic line that just dumps over the front of the fuel tank. I wonder if this is the line that's supposed to have the vent valve on it like in Alex's picture. I don't see how this could be causing my problem though. Any thoughts? Maybe I should try throwing a little compressed air up that line with the tank cap off? Maybe something is lodged in there?
![]() ![]()
__________________
1993 BGGM Z28, stock LT1, T56, 175k on original motor, basic bolt-ons. 273 whp, 308wtq. SOLD ![]() 2001 Black WS6 TA Stock....for now.... DD: 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 quad cab sport, 6 inch RCX lift, 35x13.5 tires, 20x9 Fuel wheels, 20% tint all the way around, ZZ customs exhaust, Diablosport Trinity T1000 programmer.
|
|
#20
|
||||
|
||||
|
And by front of the tank I mean the side facing the front of the car. I got a little confused when you guys were talking about the back of the tank.
__________________
1993 BGGM Z28, stock LT1, T56, 175k on original motor, basic bolt-ons. 273 whp, 308wtq. SOLD ![]() 2001 Black WS6 TA Stock....for now.... DD: 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 quad cab sport, 6 inch RCX lift, 35x13.5 tires, 20x9 Fuel wheels, 20% tint all the way around, ZZ customs exhaust, Diablosport Trinity T1000 programmer.
|
![]() |
|
|