|
#31
|
||||
|
||||
|
Yeah the tensioner seems perfectly fine. If it was the tensioner I would think it would make the noise with the stock compressor on there as well, but it doesn't. Only the aftermarket compressors. Anyone got an LT1 tensioner laying around I could try just to rule it out?
|
|
#32
|
|||
|
|||
|
Is there a way to shim/adjust the pulley on the new compressors? I know you can sometimes get just the clutch assembly itself, so I would think there's an adjustment to account for that.
Essentially I wonder if the new one's are not adjusted and the pulley is slightly out of line with where it needs to be, but original is of course properly adjusted?
__________________
1996 Z-28: Bolt-Ons, Harwood Cowl Hood, 18" Black Z06s 2005 Subaru Legacy GT - Stage 2 - My DD 2012 Audi S4 - The Wifee's Ride (Wait - the wife drives the fastest of the stable? )
|
|
#33
|
||||
|
||||
|
Or the aftermarket compressor has a slightly smaller diameter pully and you will need a smaller belt. Does i t sound like belt chirp or metal on clutch material noise?
__________________
![]() 1998 Firebird:buncha parts thats used to make it go fast..... not so much anymore. ![]() BAAAAAA!!!!!! |
|
#34
|
||||
|
||||
|
I didn't see any way of adjusting anything. As for the noise it just sounds like a squeaking pulley. It gets a lot quiter once the engine is warmed up.
|
|
#35
|
||||
|
||||
|
belt is probably too short because the pulley on the A/C is a bit smaller then it should be.
__________________
![]() 1998 Firebird:buncha parts thats used to make it go fast..... not so much anymore. ![]() BAAAAAA!!!!!! |
|
#36
|
||||
|
||||
|
If the pulley was smaller that would make the belt too long. Here's a pic of both, I could take measurements but they look pretty close.
|
|
#37
|
||||
|
||||
|
Looks smaller too me. It squiks wether you are using the ac or not? If so check. Belt length.
__________________
![]() 1998 Firebird:buncha parts thats used to make it go fast..... not so much anymore. ![]() BAAAAAA!!!!!! |
|
#38
|
||||
|
||||
|
Yeah like I said I haven't even charged the AC yet much less turned it on. I'll try putting the old serp belt back on just for the heck of it. You don't have a tensioner lying around do you?
|
|
#39
|
||||
|
||||
|
I think the pulley is the same on both. It looks smaller because the clutch on the gm compressor is so much bigger.
__________________
Ron85 Monte SS, 2004 Corvette LS6 w/02 T56, 9" rearend, 390/364 rwhp/tq ,Slowhawk tuned, 3575 lbs 11.74@114.6mph BACK IN THE GAME!! DD 06 Cobalt SS/sc, stock w/k+n only 14.78@97mph http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2151623 http://www.racecarsbyhalls.com http://www.slowhawkperformance.com Another show Lady- Why does your car say Corvette on the engine? We have a Corvette and your car doesn't look like one. LMFAO |
|
#40
|
||||
|
||||
|
got a used one i took off the lt1 over the winter u want it free ? and a tensioner
__________________
355 lt4 9.0:1.@12psi of boost real quick front mount log setup Garrett 60-1 96 . ar hot side builds done and running worth every penny!!! LIVE FAST DIE BOOSTING!!!! |
![]() |
|
|