Go Back   North East F-Body Association > F-Body Garage > Fourth Generation

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1  
Old 09-22-2010, 03:32 AM
whitdog54's Avatar
whitdog54 whitdog54 is offline
Shooting for 11's
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Springfield, MA
Posts: 402
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 2
Likes (Given): 1
Likes (Received): 27
Dislikes (Given): 0
Dislikes (Received): 0
Default exhaust and intake questions

Ok well I finally picked up the z28 last week (pics this weekend, I promise). I pretty much knew most what there was to know about 3.8s and performance mods, but know I have to learn a whole new world.

So I thought I would just get some quick questions out of the way. The z28 drives like a cadillac compared to firebird, id like to keep it that way. As far as performance would just like to stay bolt on, car has 2.73s and nitto DRs so hopefully the 10bolt will last a while.

So I think first Id like to get some LTs. I was just curious, when people added LTs, did it effect drivability that much? Interior noisier? More rattles and vibrations? I was looking at some used QTPs with 3" y pipe. Hows the fitment and ground clearance?

LS6 intake and P/P tb. Seems like on tech they go for around 300 usually, but some come with fuel rails and injectors and i think egr provisions? or some type of emissions provisions? So what should I be looking for? I mean I can use my fuel injectors and other parts correct? I just need the intake? As far as P/P the TB, anyone local good? is it that hard to do myself?

Sorry for maybe some obvious dumb questions, the lsx series motors are just all knew to me and so much different then the 3.8 haha. Any tips or insight on what I should get, or what route I should go will be awesome! just let me know, im all ears. Thanks!
__________________
2000 Firebird- Pacesetter headers & y-pipe | cacto 3" CAT | slp factory dual exhaust | whisper lid w/ K&N filter | aluminum DS | 3.42 w/LSD | 1LE sway bars 32/19mm | htchks STB | UMI LCA Relo's | UMI SFCs | 3" E-cut out | 1/4: 15.3 @ 88.87-SOLD
2000 Camaro Z28- SLP lid/smooth bellows | SLP dual/dual | UMI SFCs/STB | 2.73s | 13.2@106
http://www.offthelineracing.com/
Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.